Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like my soundbar so much I bought it twice and put one on both my main TVs. Even if I get a surround sound system I'm keeping the soundbars. The point of them isn't to be surround sound in my book but to give your set acceptable sound. For $250 they do very well for that money and no need to run wire and all that.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3500-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0077V88V8/ref=dp_ob_title_ce]Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package: Electronics[/ame]

This is why I can't do it for a soundbar in that price range.

I would much rather get something like this for roughly 40 bucks more. I have a 7.1 system in the mancave that's made by Onkyo and it's been great for me so far.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Checking in...

Tiger Direct has a 5.1 Onkyo system with a receiver for 179 on Black Friday. I have the 7.1 system down stairs, but I'm thinking I might cop the 5.1 for upstairs.

Just letting yal know in case yal looking for a sound system.

I regret not hopping on this to this day.

:snoop:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
This ismy set up last time I posted it on SOHH

2r7vcy0.jpg

I was doing way too much, pretty much playing tetris with video games.

This is my new set up today with half of my video games

ml0zr7.jpg

we eating good off this coli pay cheque :blessed:

:huhldup:

Grabbing a game from the bottom of the pile must be like playing Jenga.

hasbro-jenga.jpg

I regret not hopping on this to this day.

:snoop:

Yeah, you fukked up there breh. I ate good off that deal. :steviej:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why didn't you breh breh?

I was in the middle of building my PC and had already spent a little over a stack on that... didn't want to drop another 177 that I didn't account for when I went in to build my computer.

:sadbron:

I should have said fukk it anyway cause I ain't seen that price since.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Amazon.com: Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package: Electronics

This is why I can't do it for a soundbar in that price range.

I would much rather get something like this for roughly 40 bucks more. I have a 7.1 system in the mancave that's made by Onkyo and it's been great for me so far.
well if i had a man cave in a house i wouldn't buy a soundbar for it. living in a second floor apartment you can't have all that boom so soundbar it is. like when i eventually get a house i'm not putting surround sound in every room with a TV. the speakers on these LED TVs are unacceptable so that's what the soundbars fix.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:russ:

does this nikka still have the price sticker on his tv?

:deadrose:

boy you sho nuff a nikka!!

:ohlawd:
naw that's the energy sticker. i have probably that same TV in 42 inch if that's the 3D Vizio and i never took that yellow energy sticker off mine either.

i'm kinda salty cause i put that 42 inch Vizio next to my 55 in LG and they both respond to the same codes so one turns on and the other turns off or if you move around in the menus it messes up the other.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to use this promotion at Best Buy that they have going on that ends today where they give you 3X the Reward's Zone points for any purchase on a 5.1 system but they don't have a huge selection.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, I came up on a Best Buy connect

:lawd:

That employee discount is about to be good to a nikka

:whew:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I miss that shyt used to sell computers there, they discount especially on electronics is the best.
Just got a Yamaha HTIB that's 429.99+ tax for 279.99. It was 310 after taxes with 2 year protection on it, I gave buddy 350 just to keep that door open

:youngsabo:

Now he's like whenever you need something, hit me up.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just got a Yamaha HTIB that's 429.99+ tax for 279.99. It was 310 after taxes with 2 year protection on it, I gave buddy 350 just to keep that door open

:youngsabo:

Now he's like whenever you need something, hit me up.
I need a connect there :noah: but the dude I know that still work there scary as hell with his discount he swear they watch his every move he dont even use it for his own family he told me.