now in the living room i have
LG 55LM7600 LED 3D TV
Sony 1080P 32 inch TV
PS3 Superslim
360 Slin
Wii U
Motorola DCX3501-M DVR
Sony HT-CT100 Soundbar

that setup is much better. the Sony is hooked up to the HD box and the PC as a second monitor so i can be on the computer and watch TV at the same time or use it as a second screen for the PC. i didn't even know DVI can pass audio cause i have it hooked up to the PC with a DVI to HDMI cable and the audio will play through the crappy TV speakers. my only problem is i need a new entertainment center and the rats nest of cables behind everything.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
imag0449o.jpg
TV My only problem is i need a new entertainment center and the rats nest of cables behind everything.
Kinda of the same problem here the tv stand I got in the basement looking kinda outdated plus a rack of cords everywhere.
I seen a mounted tv stand at Wal-Mart I got my eye on.
Was looking at this one since it has cable mgmt in the back
Sonax-Atlantic-52-TV-Stand.jpg

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Kinda of the same problem here the tv stand I got in the basement looking kinda outdated plus a rack of cords everywhere.
I seen a mounted tv stand at Wal-Mart I got my eye on.
Was looking at this one since it has cable mgmt in the back
Sonax-Atlantic-52-TV-Stand.jpg

How much is this stand?

And drop a link to it if you can

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
$248 yo here's the link
Sonax Atlantic 52'' TV Stand: Furniture : Walmart.com :cook:
Its gonna say not available from the mobile site cop from the full site its in stock breh.
i guess i should check out Walmart they look like they got good stands. my 42 inch TV is on a mount for a 32 inch which my Sony used to be on. i'm gonna need a stand for that and a new one for the 55 since the dog bit up the old one.

my Harmony remote also doesn't control enough devices. i'm in for a world of financial pain as i keep buying all this crap.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i guess i should check out Walmart they look like they got good stands. my 42 inch TV is on a mount for a 32 inch which my Sony used to be on. i'm gonna need a stand for that and a new one for the 55 since the dog bit up the old one.

my Harmony remote also doesn't control enough devices. i'm in for a world of financial pain as i keep buying all this crap.
Take your time dont cop all that shyt at once Home Theater shyt can be costly.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I cheaped out on my Harmony Remote already. i found out that Yamaha soundbar can learn your TV commands and have the TV remote cut on and off both the TV and soundbar. i had it learn the commands from the Vizio TV.

on top of that i taught my Harmony remote all the commands on the Yamaha remote and just put them in the device menu for the Vizio TV since that's the TV its hooked up to. i mean it doesn't have a dedicated device but it works all the same.

At that price yal should check out IKEA. They have some slick looking TV stands. I love the one that I got from there, and it was like 220... but it might be too big for what yal looking for.
maybe they are worth buying from online cause the closest one is over 50 miles from me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sold my 32 inch Sony set on Craigslist with the Soundbar and 2 HDMI cables all for $250 so somebody got a damn good deal. i can't complain i paid $500 for both combined back in late 2009.

took that $250 and bought another Yamaha Yas101 Soundbar and then moved that Vizio into the living room and put my new Sony 47HX850 in the bedroom.

honestly that Vizio has a shytty picture but i never noticed but when it sits next to the LG and both are showing my computer i can tell how poor it it. i mainly use it to watch TV on when i'm level grinding in RPGs now.

i hate living in an apartment because you can't really do full surround sound here. the neighbors used to bytch about that Sony Soundbar with the external subwoofer.

anyway the picture on that new Sony TV is flat out the best picture i've ever seen on any TV.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i hate living in an apartment because you can't really do full surround sound here. the neighbors used to bytch about that Sony Soundbar with the external subwoofer.
Yeah the Sony Soundbar got alot of thump to it considering the price the sound quality actually surprised me. It's my favorite audio device in my house my wife complains about the bass though shyt thumps lol.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In terms of speakers is Yamaha running it? I'm probably gonna start buying the pieces to a surround sound system so when I move I can already have it. I can't figure out what my TVs pass through to the soundbar so more than likely the reciever is gonna have hdmi.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about getting a soundbar for my living room, but the price on them is too much IMO. And when I started looking at regular 5.1 systems they weren't too much higher than a soundbar which is ridiculous to me.

I know Best Buy has some promotion going on that will give you 3X points on entertainment center purchases, but I'm not trying to spend the amounts they're asking for on their HTIB sets.

I should have pulled the trigger on the Onkyo set on Black Friday when it was going for 177

:snoop:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Thinking bout finishing my basement component setup with these Sony bookshelf speakers.
Im running 5.1 down there at the moment but my receiver is 7.1 ready I just need to add 2 more speakers.

They got good reviews across the board
1b.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was thinking about getting a soundbar for my living room, but the price on them is too much IMO. And when I started looking at regular 5.1 systems they weren't too much higher than a soundbar which is ridiculous to me.

I know Best Buy has some promotion going on that will give you 3X points on entertainment center purchases, but I'm not trying to spend the amounts they're asking for on their HTIB sets.

I should have pulled the trigger on the Onkyo set on Black Friday when it was going for 177

:snoop:
I like my soundbar so much I bought it twice and put one on both my main TVs. Even if I get a surround sound system I'm keeping the soundbars. The point of them isn't to be surround sound in my book but to give your set acceptable sound. For $250 they do very well for that money and no need to run wire and all that.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like my soundbar so much I bought it twice and put one on both my main TVs. Even if I get a surround sound system I'm keeping the soundbars. The point of them isn't to be surround sound in my book but to give your set acceptable sound. For $250 they do very well for that money and no need to run wire and all that.

That's the thing though, for 250 (or close to it) I can just get a 5.1 system that comes with a receiver and trumps a soundbar.

The wiring wouldn't be an issue for my living room either because they wouldn't really been seen due to how the furniture is placed.