Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
:smh:

Court you'sa hatin' ass nikka.

:laff: @ this dude callin' me a painter. shyt literally had me laughin'.
My job is to dissect & hate :manny:
I don't have a pic of my entire setup yet, but here's a shot of my sub.
idBaG.jpg

That's a 2-Liter bottle to convey size.
It is paired with a pair of Polk RTi8's, CSi5 center, and diople surrounds.
Denon 2312/Dune Media Player, 60" Sammy plasma.
Bruh, we can tell by that third world soda bottle you got there that you ain't ballin.
nikka probably got roaches n shyt

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
*subs*

Getting my own spot next month and im trying to decide how i want everything set up.
Anybody got any wireless speakers? Ima cop that sonos hifi stereo system looks pretty nice.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Networking brehs... any thing you can tell me about why my wifi has suddenly went to shyt out of nowhere recently?

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My setup is real nice. though i spent a grip on it, its well worth it. It consists of:

Sonance LCR1 series speakers (2 front, middle, and surround) in wall speaker set
Cinema_LCR1.jpg

Kilpsch 600 watt subwoofer
Xbox 360
Control 4 Home automation unit
control4-products.jpg

Direct TV
Sony Blu-ray Player
Apple Mini

Epson 5010 PowerLite Home Cinema 3D

speaker looks nice

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What kind of entertainment setup yall rockin with?

My Setup:

46" Sony KDL46W5150
Philips HTS3565D HTIB (I can't wait to upgrade this shyt)
WDTV Live Hub (For my movies/tv shows/netflix, etc)
Logitech Revue (Google TV)
4 External Hard drives to store my movies/tv shows. (8.5 TB total)
Asus RT-N56U Router
Turtle Beach X41 headset
Logitech Harmony One

20120517193321.jpg

20120517193304.jpg

20120517193735.jpg

I got two WDTV Live's in the bedrooms which are networked to the hub in the living room, so I can watch everything that's connected to it. I've been downgrading my cable since I barely watch TV now with this setup. I think by the end of the year i'm calling my cable company and telling them to come get their shyt. :takedat:
I know i'm months late. but NEVER put speakers on the wall with wires showing. its not a good look. you would do better with them on a stand or something so you can hide the wires in the back.
and lastly, the kinect sensor is way to high. putting up that high doesnt help it see you better. put it on the top of the shelf, if push comes to shove throw something thats the height of 2 books underneath it, and tilt it. this is the only way to get it to properly recognize the floor and the ceiling. your feet and your hands even if you're tall (above 6 feet).

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Checking in...

Tiger Direct has a 5.1 Onkyo system with a receiver for 179 on Black Friday. I have the 7.1 system down stairs, but I'm thinking I might cop the 5.1 for upstairs.

Just letting yal know in case yal looking for a sound system.

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
Here's my setup for the "Dungeon" :lolbron:

70in Sharp (70LE632)
Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 Theater System
PS3 Slim (I have an OG 80 but it's dying so I put the Slim down here)
OG 360 (still works, don't ask me how)
TOBO stand from Ikea
2 Sanus speaker stands (on each side of the sectional)
5 piece sectional

a17mm8.jpg

Pics are from my OG Evo so the quality isn't that hot, my digital cam needed to be charged at the time.

That cabinet :whew:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
dont laugh, these pics made me realize how much i need a maid to dust
rm1.jpg

rm2.jpg

rm3.jpg

heres a closer look at the main entertainment center

360.jpg

my xbox i dont use, which is odd because i like 360 way more than i like ps3 but if you ask me what i gotten the moneys worth out of using, which i have more games on and play 100 times more, its my ps3 and i have 2 360s......

oldusty.jpg

my old dusty ps3..it gets some play play, i popped in spiderman on bluray this weekend, i havent gotten down on it since re6 came out and only then just a couple of times, i do need to knock the dust off it.

wiiu.jpg

the new dusty....i havent even played it like that because honestly ive been playing the hell out of RE4 (yes four) so its probably gonna get real dusty

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know i'm months late. but NEVER put speakers on the wall with wires showing. its not a good look. you would do better with them on a stand or something so you can hide the wires in the back.
and lastly, the kinect sensor is way to high. putting up that high doesnt help it see you better. put it on the top of the shelf, if push comes to shove throw something thats the height of 2 books underneath it, and tilt it. this is the only way to get it to properly recognize the floor and the ceiling. your feet and your hands even if you're tall (above 6 feet).

I must have missed this when the quote system was acting up. I've actually got the wires hidden since I took this pic. Seeing those wires hanging like that was killing me.

As far as the Kinect goes, neither me or my girl plays that shyt. :lolbron:. I got it on sale as part of a bundle last year during Black Friday. I had it sitting on the entertainment center when we played that first week, but moved it on top of the TV to get it out of the way after we stopped using it. That thing is pretty much for show at this point.

Checking in...

Tiger Direct has a 5.1 Onkyo system with a receiver for 179 on Black Friday. I have the 7.1 system down stairs, but I'm thinking I might cop the 5.1 for upstairs.

Just letting yal know in case yal looking for a sound system.

:ohhh:

Good lookin out breh. I was looking into the S3500 for $289 this week, but I'd much rather save $110 and go with the 3400. Not enough of an upgrade to go with the newer model.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:obama:

Glad I could be of service to you breh