Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My old 32 inch in my bedroom just burnt out. Like literally sparks coming from the back out the tv the last time I turned it on lol. Any recommendations for a nice cheap bedroom tv. I’m seeing a lot of love for these TCL TVs :patrice:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
My old 32 inch in my bedroom just burnt out. Like literally sparks coming from the back out the tv the last time I turned it on lol. Any recommendations for a nice cheap bedroom tv. I’m seeing a lot of love for these TCL TVs :patrice:
Just go on eBay and buy a 60" plasma TV from 7 to 8 years.

I got a massive cheap arse Samsung 1080p Plasma TV for £120, 55":wow::russ::blessed::wow:

Plasma TVs just don't show the deepest blacks or colour tones but that isn't something you'd notice after 10 minutes of that gimmick wearing off. Also, with plasma TVs there is a false stigma of the screen burning in images but that was 20 years ago TVs since the mid 00s don't have that so don't worry.

All my bedrooms have second hand massive cheap 1080p TVs and my front room is where I have my 65" Samsung Q9FN:mjgrin: (courtesy of @PS4 :salute:)

I would hunt for one on eBay:troll:

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
d7Mj0qbl.jpg

LG B8 65" OLED
LED Backlighting
Denon X1400H
7 Jamo speakers
Bic F-12 Sub with hopes of updating it to an SVS SB-4000 soon
Logitech Harmony Companion Remote (HIGHLY RECOMMEND)
One S
Nintendo Switch
Nvidia Shield

Ran my surrounds in wall
C0I2TBZl.jpg

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Decided to upgrade my stand and wall mount my tv. Stand is black tempered glass and metal, not bad, at the store it had an 82" tv on it, got me to thinking :jbhmm:

1st time wall mounting a set, mount came with a level and plenty of hardware, able to support up to 165lbs. I'd be lying if I said the thought of hearing the TV falling in the middle of night didn't make me nervous the 1st day. I'm good now. TV is only a 65", wall makes it look small. On the plus side I can fit a 2nd sub on the other side of the stand.

IMG_9870.jpg

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
These x265 UHD HDR rips are a sight to behold on my OLED. And at around 20gb on average, they're barely even twice the size of a premium 1080 bluray rip :banderas:

I just fell in love with my entertainment system all over again :wow:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I know they can make a world of difference. What center channel did you get?

I got a Jamo (Klipsch) C60 CEN. Its sensitivity rating is a little higher and has a much better freq response than the S60 that it replaced. Because of it having a decoupled tweeter, the timbre is just a hair different, but it is the closest center available to match my S606 towers.

Picked it up on ebay for $70 :ehh:

BC3QPYfl.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Been adding to the media collection, 353 standard blu-rays, 59 Ultra-HD 4K blu-rays. Might have to move the 4K movies to their own case soon. Still on the lookout to upgrade my center and surrounds to match my mains.

IMG_8019.jpg
I have a bunch of blu rays like that too. Been REALLY tempted to take them all out of the cases and throw them in a huge binder, or put them in sleeves and into a box, then put all the cases away in my attic. A wall of movies like that doesn't make sense to me anymore especially since when I wanna watch something I'll just do so through netflix/hulu/etc.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have a bunch of blu rays like that too. Been REALLY tempted to take them all out of the cases and throw them in a huge binder, or put them in sleeves and into a box, then put all the cases away in my attic. A wall of movies like that doesn't make sense to me anymore especially since when I wanna watch something I'll just do so through netflix/hulu/etc.

For me the pain in the ass was puttin them all in order so I can find titles. Even with them in order it will take a few minutes to decide of what to watch. I have an app called CLZ movies that I use to keep track of titles I buy, just barcode them in.

I do have a Hulu account, only watched a few movies through there, there sound quality is not the best, I use it mostly for sports and tv shows.