The Official Playstation VR Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no, it's definitely possible. The PSVR version would have to have lesser graphics, but it could be done. I think the PC community has already modded VR support for the rift and vive.
Doesn't it have to run at 60fps for VR support(to not make people sick)?
The Skyrim remaster runs at 30fps on PS4.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just bought trackmania and bound. Trackmania is straight flames. Graphics in VR hold up very well and the sense of speed and height are incredible. The position of the car took a few tracks to get used to but this is definitely a must have for VR.
Bound looks really nice and plays well. Major complaint though. I don't like the control design choice they force on you. Rotating the camera is done in increments. I understand this is a tactic to avoid motion sickness but it should be an option and not mandatory. The camera rotation really ruins the immersion of the game. If you can get over that, it's a very nice game in terms of art direction and the plat forming is solid. Decent game so far but I reccomend trying the demo before purchasing.
Which makes me concerned for Resident Evil 7. From what I've read, initial players complained of motion sickness so much that capcom change the camera controls in VR to turn in increments. I hope it's an option and not mandatory like it is in bound because if so, it can potentially ruin the VR experience

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Trackmania continues to impress.
Played a few levels last night that had me feeling like I really was 100's of feet in the air. It was a blast to play.
My only complaint is that a majority of the races have been incredibly easy with only a few that required me to give it a 2nd or 3rd try to get the gold medal.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
HowWeSoar-IL2.jpg

It looks like a beautiful game.
I'll have to check it out.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PSVR Will Sell Under 750K Units This Year; Down from Initial 2.6M Projection

PlayStation-VR-1024x576.jpg

Market research and analytics firm SuperData Research has issued a revised 2016 sales forecast for the PSVR, estimating that Sony’s virtual reality headset will shift fewer than 750,000 units by the end of the year – well short of its recent prediction of 2.6 million.

Despite only last month reaffirming its forecast that 2,602,370 million units would be sold by the end of 2016, SuperData now concedes that it overestimated the performance of the PlayStation VR at retail, and its adjusted forecast – included in the firm’s December report – predicts that the system will sell just under 750,000 units by the end of the year.

According to SuperData’s report, “notably fewer [PSVR] units sold than expected due to a relatively fragmented title line-up and modest marketing effort”.

The company’s sales forecast for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, meanwhile, remain largely unchanged at 420,108 and 355,088 units, respectively.

SuperData’s full December report and other industry insights are available to purchase on its website.

PSVR Will Sell Under 750K Units This Year; Down from Initial 2.6M Projection | Power Up Gaming

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I know the feeling.
I still have this gut feeling that no matter how much I personally enjoy PSVR, Sony is going to abandon it quickly.
I tried the VR using the cheap cardboard shyt on my iPhone and it was mind blowing I could only imaging how the PSVR is:takedat:

I just don't know about purchasing it
I even purchased the PS move when it came out :mjgrin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ubisoft VR Experiences Go Cross-Platform

Eagle-Flight-1_2D00_610.jpg

Ubisoft announced yesterday that all their VR experiences will have cross-platform multiplayer. Eagle Flight, Werewolves Within, and Star Trek: Bridge Crew players will be able to join each other across PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive.

This multiplayer component for Eagle Flight was updated today, while the other two games will have the feature at launch. The wait won't be too long, though, as Werewolves Within comes out on December 6, while Star Trek: Bridge Crew is slated for March 14.

You can check out an overview trailer for their first VR experience Eagle Flight below.
Ubisoft VR Experiences Go Cross-Platform

:jbhmm:
I think cross platform play is going to be necessary for the success of VR. There simply isn't enough people on any one platform.