The Official Playstation VR Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just copped Astro bot Rescue Mission for $20 last night at gamestop.
@Fatboi1 this game is straight flames. After playing it, it really does feel like Mario. (Honestly, it's like a VR version of Mario 64).
The way they handle VR in this game is amazing too. They really get you physically involved in the game and not just the controller like they do in Moss.
It's a shame the games are really picking up for VR so close to the end of the PS4's lifespan.
No way in hell will the next Playstation be backwards compatible, and even if it was, it won't be BC with the PSVR hardware.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
@Fatboi1 this game is straight flames. After playing it, it really does feel like Mario. (Honestly, it's like a VR version of Mario 64).
The way they handle VR in this game is amazing too. They really get you physically involved in the game and not just the controller like they do in Moss.
It's a shame the games are really picking up for VR so close to the end of the PS4's lifespan.
No way in hell will the next Playstation be backwards compatible, and even if it was, it won't be BC with the PSVR hardware.

Assuming it's being developed on the same models as mid range pc's, Sony has no choice but to include BC in the PS5 if they want people to be on board for day 1. Not having BC on the PS5 is an egg on Sony's face they don't want.

Just copped the PSVR with Tetris Effect and after playing it, I feel like I discovered God in virtual form. :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From what I've seen online, PS5 will be BC with PS4 and possibly everything before that. I'd assume PSVR would still work with PS5.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
PSVR works on PC with modded firmware

no reason why it wouldn't also work on PS5 with an official patch

and i skipped Astro bot (for now)

I'm sure its great and fun but its not the type of game I invested into VR for. (wear a VR helmet to play a 3rd person perspective game, dafuq?) I'll check it out eventually when its like 10-15 bux tho

my dream VR wish would be for Blood and Truth to be released in Dec but its not happening. Hopefully 1st quarter

and Creed is awesome, as long as u accept that its VR Punchout and not a boxing sim

lots of fun.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I'm sure its great and fun but its not the type of game I invested into VR for. I'll check it out eventually when its like 10-15 bux tho

my dream VR wish would be for Blood and Truth to be released in Dec but its not happen. Hopefully 1st quarter
PS1 and PS2 games work on Ti 83 calculators yet my PS4 can't play them locally.
I'm not doubting their technical ability to make PS5 backwards compatible.
I'm doubting their business decisions.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I'm sure its great and fun but its not the type of game I invested into VR for. (wear a VR helmet to play a 3rd person perspective game, dafuq?) I'll check it out eventually when its like 10-15 bux tho

my dream VR wish would be for Blood and Truth to be released in Dec but its not happening. Hopefully 1st quarter
Astro Bot is $20 right now at gamestop.
Also, like most of the best VR games, it's the sort of thing that sounds corny on paper, but when you actually experience it yourself the game is amazing.
I own every PSVR game worth owning and I'm telling you, Moss, Resident Evil, and Astro bot are no brainers. If you have PSVR you need these games.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

I keep bullshytting, I need to pick this up.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I've been like :patrice: after reading up on Astro Bot and I think I'm going to go pick this up after work. I was thinking about jumping into RE7 first but I need to hit the weights first irl and get brolic like Chris Redfield in RE5 before I jump into that smoke :whoa:

Bout to put this PS4 camera on Ebay since I already have one and use the bread to cop that Aim controller with Firewall :banderas:

I remember when I played Mario 64 for the first time at Blockbuster and was like :gladbron:

If cats is comparing it to that then is something I need to verify for myself. :lupe:

Cause yall cats are making some bold claims on here :ld: