The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
winb is so dark and edgy it blows my god damn mind. Dude is just full of fascinating opinions.
obviously all games won't be available so they'll cherry pick what you can stream and ontop of that HD remakes will continue to be pumped out so would third parties even want you streaming their games for less when they can resell you the same game up-converted to 1080p for more? add to that many ISPs have bandwidth caps and you're using bandwidth and wasting it to play an entire game all the while having to deal with lag and the fact that PSN is slow as hell.

i don't even see why they're bothering with this. its total bullshyt. the feature is probably as worthwhile as PS Home.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
People lose me when they become these spec warriors.

PS3 specs were much more impressive than 360's and that system couldn't run a Fallout/Skyrim gave for shyt.

Sounds like the stupidity of the developer, which is why Sony dumbed down that aspect of development, to double their dollars, while still kepin that quality.

PLAYSTATION. :ohlawd:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
the whole concept of streaming games from previous systems is rubbish and i won't pay a dime for it. i'll be keeping the PS3 and buying a slim PS2 or playing PS2 games on PCSX2.

I thought i cared about BC till i thought about how much i played my ps2 library since i have all these ps3 titles.

I dont. :ufdup:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
PLAYSTATION 4 PREORDERS ARE CURRENTLY OUTSELLING XBOX ONE 5:3 IN MICROSOFTS PRIMARY MARKET, AMERICA AS OF JUNE 15TH.

What happens around the planet will be nothing short of genocide.

:stylin:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People lose me when they become these spec warriors.

PS3 specs were much more impressive than 360's and that system couldn't run a Fallout/Skyrim gave for shyt.

let's not be ignorant here. We all know the answer to this somewhat overblown situation. If we can look at games like TLOU, God of War 3, Uncharted 2/3 and see how pretty much no other console games rival them graphically on the xbox 360, how can you doubt the PS3's specs? It boiled down to dev competence and time issues.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
obviously all games won't be available so they'll cherry pick what you can stream and ontop of that HD remakes will continue to be pumped out so would third parties even want you streaming their games for less when they can resell you the same game up-converted to 1080p for more? add to that many ISPs have bandwidth caps and you're using bandwidth and wasting it to play an entire game all the while having to deal with lag and the fact that PSN is slow as hell.

i don't even see why they're bothering with this. its total bullshyt. the feature is probably as worthwhile as PS Home.

Gakai streaming isnt' only about streaming PS2/3 games to the Vita. Streaming PS4 games looks to be cool. Also how is streaming the game going to stop hd remakes?? I'm assuming you need to actually own the game to stream it. I doubt you just pay for the service and stream w/e you want sans having the game.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Gakai streaming isnt' only about streaming PS2/3 games to the Vita. Streaming PS4 games looks to be cool. Also how is streaming the game going to stop hd remakes?? I'm assuming you need to actually own the game to stream it. I doubt you just pay for the service and stream w/e you want sans having the game.

That would be tight if you could put the blu ray in to verify the game and then stream it from gakai.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be tight if you could put the blu ray in to verify the game and then stream it from gakai.

That would be ideal, but I doubt they'll do that, unfortunately.

I got a feeling that I'll be playing more indies than big studios this upcoming gen.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought i cared about BC till i thought about how much i played my ps2 library since i have all these ps3 titles.

I dont. :ufdup:

i have a library of PS2 games and at the moment no way to play them other than PCSX2 which has compatibility issues.

i care about backwards compatibility to the extent that i wanna replay through my old games at some point. really though the PS4 should be strong enough to flat out emulate all PS2 and PS1 games. i don't think anything in this console generation will be able to emulate the Cell processor so that era of games will likely be lost once the supply of PS3s dries up.

HD remakes put an end to bc on most mainstream consoles. they figured out the Square Enix plan of reselling the same games as multiple remakes over and over again.

but honestly how much can they really charge a person to stream a game? it can't be much since you don't even physically own the game and an internet connection would be required to stream. are you gonna pay $10 to stream a Final Fantasy XIII when a physical copy on the PS3 can be had for close to that used and you'll own it?

as for streaming PS4 games why bother? unless its to a Vita on the go i'd rather just buy the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
PLAYSTATION 4 PREORDERS ARE CURRENTLY OUTSELLING XBOX ONE 5:3 IN MICROSOFTS PRIMARY MARKET, AMERICA AS OF JUNE 15TH.

What happens around the planet will be nothing short of genocide.

:stylin:
honestly this doesn't even matter. last generation the best selling console had the worst game library. these consoles will hit and their respective companies will fund exclusives and third party games will probably either be timed exclusives or multi-platform. sales don't really matter anymore. we'll likely never see a PS2 era of console dominance again.