The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The PlayStation 4 has been so carefully designed that developers won't find a performance bottleneck, Michiel Van Der Leeuw, technical director at Guerrilla Games, has told Edge.

"The fact that the best pieces of hardware are also devised from, or optimized versions of, the stuff we find in PCs doesn't make it any less a console," Van Der Leeuw explained. "A PC is a number of parts that also [have] bridges in-between, where there are inefficiencies that may [come in if they're not] exactly the right match."

But with the PS4, Sony has - allegedly - been able to ensure these inefficiencies don't exist.

Van Der Leeuw continued: "We've got the right amount of memory, video card; everything's balanced out. It was a very conscious effort to make sure that – with the speed of the memory, the amount of compute units, the speed of the hard drive – there would not be any bottlenecks.

"I think it was for more than a year that we knew the main ingredients and there was just discussion after discussion trying to find a bottleneck. Take a look at this design; try to find the bottleneck."

:pachaha::lift:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i already told wifey, once we move in together u can decorate however u want and buy whatever u want. all i require is a 50 inch or better hdtv, a comfortable couch, and a ps4. everything else can be pink and purple for all i care.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
CD Projekt RED have always stayed true to their vision and this is clearly shown in their reluctance to release The Witcher 3 on current gen consoles and instead go for next-gen and PC. They are pleased with the PS4 as well, and quest designer Pawel Sasko revealed a lot more about the system to us in an exclusive interview.

“After the announcement of the PS4 many graphics programmers commented that Sony’s upcoming console is a high-end PC and I agree with them,” he said.

“The change of architecture made a lot of developers happy, including us. From a technical standpoint, the biggest disadvantage of PCs is customizable hardware in almost infinite number of ways. That’s why working on PS4 gives us comfort that every gamer is going to have a quality time with The Witcher 3.”

http://gamingbolt.com/witcher-3-dev-ps4-is-a-high-end-pc-cd-projekt-happy-with-new-architecture

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Be here when it goes down. When the moment of Playstation supremacy is declared once and for all as the fans rejoice for finally overcoming the odds and defeating xbox and sending it back to R&D, forever.

A month away from a xbox reveal and no ones even buzzing. Its sad.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
“After the announcement of the PS4 many graphics programmers commented that Sony’s upcoming console is a high-end PC and I agree with them,” he said

i would love to see a side by side comparison of a PS4 and a mid-tier gaming PC...
i don't think a high-end PC would be fair because it would cause too much butt hurt.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i would love to see a side by side comparison of a PS4 and a mid-tier gaming PC...
i don't think a high-end PC would be fair because it would cause too much butt hurt.

The titan is not blowing ps4 out of the water but it is better. That in itself should tell you something. If you're a little behind the best , you're world class.