The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

ridge

Daps

The Order: 1886 was the most interesting one I caught yesterday as far as exclusives go.

I'm a Killzone stan at heart but not sure how it will turn out after they messed up Killzone 3.

you know we coppin killzone 4 breh :mjpls:

bmoxover

Stop Hatin'.
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Put in the pre-order last night right after the price reveal. :ohlawd:

Looking forward to The Division and Thief, but I'm really looking forward to FFXV, man I haven't been hyped about a FF game since 7 when I was in middle school. :krs:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
his morning, there were some apparent cracks in the strong positions Sony staked out at their press conference last night.

During an interview with GameTrailers, Jack Tretton said that, “The DRM decision is going to have to be answered by the third parties, it’s not something we’re going to control, or dictate, or mandate, or implement.” The internet immediately exploded, with many on Twitter accusing Sony of walking back their statements from the presser last night.

Rather than speculate, we went directly to Sony to find out what’s going on. Turns out, it’s a very similar system to what’s in place on the PS3 now. According to Dan Race, Senior Director, Corporate Communications for Sony, Tretton’s statements were referring specifically to playing used games online. He told me,

The Online Pass program for PlayStation first-party games will not continue on PlayStation 4. Similar to PS3, we will not dictate the online used game strategy (the ability to play used games online) of its publishing partners. As announced last night, PS4 will not have any gating restrictions for used disc-based games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever.

This is good news for gamers, indeed. In a nutshell, you can buy a used single-player game for the PS4 and play it all you want. If you want to go online with it, you may have to deal with some sort of publisher-determined DRM, be it an Online Pass or whatever.

I think we can put our pitchforks down for now.
http://www.gamefront.com/sony-third-...s-online-only/

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The last thing we need to know is which console will be the lead console this generation. Who is getting ported to who and how will it effect image quality.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The last thing we need to know is which console will be the lead console this generation. Who is getting ported to who and how will it effect image quality.

Same architecture but one is weaker, which means the PS4 by default will look and play better regardless my friend. If they dev with the XB1 in mid, the PS4 version will have better effects regardless, and vice versa.

We win no matter what. :win:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
ku-xlarge.gif

This nikka Tretton dropped the mic...

:laff:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames]Amazon.com Best Sellers: Best Video Games[/ame]

:blessed: the people have spoken