The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Has anybody elses next gen hype died down a bit? It's not anything about the actual console for me. I dunno if it's taking too long or if it's because of GTA or what..:manny:

Nope. Not at all. Just 1 more month. Hell, all the recent info of the vita/ps4 remote play being much better than ps3/vita got me even more excited. Gonna be lovely to play ps4 titles on the vita in bed when I'm feeling to lazy to set up shop in the living rom and I wanna see how it runs outside my home network as well. Can't wait. Though with all the games I have and how much I liked this gen, at least I got plenty to play before it drops.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Has anybody elses next gen hype died down a bit? It's not anything about the actual console for me. I dunno if it's taking too long or if it's because of GTA or what..:manny:

A little bit. I won't cop until next year.
I'll be too heavily involved in GTA 5 for awhile.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Nov 15 can't come quick enough for me...COD Ghosts and Watch Dogs already preordered. Gonna see what the landscape is like before I cop BF4.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Playstation App Details!!!
=======================
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/playstation-app-detailed-by-shuhei-yoshida/

Did any of the early birds among you stay up the week before last to watch the Tokyo Game Show keynote? If you did, you’ll have seen Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida take to the stage to unveil the new PlayStation App, launching alongside PS4 later this year.

In general terms, the new app allows you to take the PlayStation experience with you when you’re away from your PS4. You can stay in touch with friends, compare Trophies, view friends’ activity (such as recorded or live-streamed gameplay), and access all the latest PlayStation.Blog news.

I caught up with Yoshida immediately after the show, and asked him to expand on exactly what gamers can expect from PlayStation App later this year.

“It’s an application that anyone can download for free on iOS and Android devices,” he explained.

“There are a variety of things you can do with it. You can connect to your PlayStation profile and send messages — even voice messages — to friends between your smartphone and PS4.

“A friend on PS4 can also send out an invitation for a multiplayer game, which you can then check on the App, and you can also purchase PS4 games from PlayStation Store. Your game will immediately start downloading while you’re away.”

PlayStation App will also offer ‘second screen’ gameplay features on enabled titles. For example, during the TGS presentation Yoshida showed how the app interacts with The Playroom — he drew a picture of Knack on his smartphone’s touch screen, and then pushed it into the PS4 game on his TV, allowing the game’s bot characters to play with the item he’d created.

“There are many big publishers creating their own apps for their games, like Watch Dogs or Battlefield, and that’s great,” he added.

“But smaller developers can use PlayStation App to connect to PS4 and load an application, like drawing software for example, so that you don’t have to download and install a specific app on your smartphone. It’s open to all PS4 developers to use.”

We’ll have a more in-depth look at PlayStation App in action nearer launch.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Got mine paid off with BF4 and NFS pre-ordered. I might pickup Driveclub if I enjoy the free version. Nothing else really interests me until next year.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

suck that i gotta to go get one of these tonight
71GMgZn-m6L._SY400_.jpg
:ehh: