The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Why mess with the :flabbynsick: version only to upgrade to the second best version? :wtf:

You CAN enjoy the best experience on DAY 1...:blessed:

just messing with y'all, I had to do it :umad:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I won't be able to play for the next couple of months so I'll just be getting it on the PS4 most likely

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why mess with the :flabbynsick: version only to upgrade to the second best version? :wtf:

You CAN enjoy the best experience on DAY 1...:blessed:

just messing with y'all, I had to do it :umad:
:patrice:

I'm really pondering copping the PC version day 1.

Only things holding me back is the fact that my PS3/4 setup is in the mancave with a 70in HDTV and a 7.1 surround sound and I'm not moving my PC down there because I use it for a lot of other things outside of gaming... and all my friends will have it on PS3/4

:sadcam:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:patrice:

I'm really pondering copping the PC version day 1.

Only things holding me back is the fact that my PS3/4 setup is in the mancave with a 70in HDTV and a 7.1 surround sound and I'm not moving my PC down there because I use it for a lot of other things outside of gaming... and all my friends will have it on PS3/4

:sadcam:
Make friends on the PC and you will instantly become a better fps player

Alright I'm done with the PC talk in here, don't want to turn this into one of those xbox threads.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
@los@ @krackdagawd @The G.O.D II @Rain @GoldenGlove @Jax @Mr. Somebody @twan83
@LL Simon @detroitwalt

Yall going digi or disc for BF4 on the ps3 before upgrading to the PS4 version? I wanna recoup some, so I'm copping disc BF4 PS3 then going digital for BF4 PS4 with the 10 dollar upgrade.
I have the bundle for battlefield for my ps4. This means i get a free digital download for BF4 on ps3? :wtf: Its going to be hard for me to look at those primitive ps3 graphics after i get accustomed to ps4.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I have the bundle for battlefield for my ps4. This means i get a free digital download for BF4 on ps3? :wtf: Its going to be hard for me to look at those primitive ps3 graphics after i get accustomed to ps4.

you get the ps3 version if you cop the bundle?????

PS3 version will be bushes status once PS4 version is out though.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was askin you. I have the bundle with ps4. I only want to play the hotness.

I got the same one (forgot), guess I'll sell my disc version on ebay since it comes with the bundle. I'd rather upgrade for 10 and flip the bundled bF4 for at least 50.

I think you do want to get the ps3 version though friend....17 days to increase your rank and it all transfers to the ps4 version.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Make friends on the PC and you will instantly become a better fps player

Alright I'm done with the PC talk in here, don't want to turn this into one of those xbox threads.
I might still get it, but it's more than that, it's passing up playing the game on the setup I mentioned breh.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I got the same one (forgot), guess I'll sell my disc version on ebay since it comes with the bundle. I'd rather upgrade for 10 and flip the bundled bF4 for at least 50.

I think you do want to get the ps3 version though friend....17 days to increase your rank and it all transfers to the ps4 version.
Im an Elite Gamer friend. In 17 days my skill level will be world class.

Ill probably still be playing GTA5 and beyond 2 souls at that time.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
New PS4 and PS4 App Interface Screens:

PS4:

original

EiWxM6N.jpg
5tnIHeD.jpg
Jhs3Dhm.jpg
original
original
original
original

PLAYSTATION APP:

original

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony’s SVP Gives New Info on the PS4′s Noise Level, Power Consumption, Media Performance and More

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia Senior Vice president and Director of Business Unit 1 Masayasu Ito isn’t as well known as Shuhei Yoshida between PlayStation fans, but given his technical role he’s the best person to ask about some of the most technical aspects of the upcoming PS4. Today he gaver some extremely interesting information about the console as part of an interview on the Japanese tech site AV Watch.

Here’s a summary of the most relevant points:

• While being always online is not necessary, a network connection is important to fully enjoy the features of the PS4.
  • The PS4 will initially act as a stand-alone web server for the PlayStation App. In the future there’s the possibility of this to be expanded through the cloud, with the PS4 and PlayStation App interacting through the cloud, allowing cooperative play between multiple players.
  • The secondary chip for ultra-low power operation will mostly activate at night from 1 to 4 AM and download any required update automatically. It will also activate when software is purchased through external means like the PlayStation App.
  • Power consumption will vary greatly depending on the performance of the game played.
  • The noise level of the console during operation is generally much smaller than it was on the PS3.
  • The PS4′s cooling fan has a low noise level and stepless speed control (meaning that it will increase its speed to match heat smoothly and not in sudden steps like the one on the PS3).
  • Since the Blu-Ray player is 6x instead of 2x in speed (like the one on the PS3 was) the initial spinning noise is actually louder, but that will be countered by using the hard disk drive.
  • The Audio/Video performance (for movies and music) of the PS4 will target PS3 levels at launch, but will be improved through updates, for instance with the addition of 4K, as Sony is also an Audio/Video company.
  • The theme of the PS4 is “Personalization”, meaning that it will offer an experience tailored to each individual.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...power-consumption-media-performance-and-more/

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
More Remote Play Details from Shu Da Gawd

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...y-between-ps4-and-ps-vita-it-will-be-amazing/

SCE Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida is a big proponent of the remote play feature between PS4 and PS Vita, so much that he’s the one that demonstrated it at the latest Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia Keynote at Tokyo Game Show. Today he shared a few new tidbits tidbits of information on how it’ll work as part of an interview on 4Gamer.net.

First of all, he talked on what kind of battery life we can expect with the Vita while enjoying remote play, when asked about the processing workload on the Vita:

It’s very inexpensive (in terms of processing workload). Just as much as network communication. I don’t have precise measurements, but the battery life of the PlayStation Vita will be the same as when playing a game online.

He also reassured users that are worried about the number of buttons on the PS Vita:

However, compared to the DualShock 4 the number of buttons on the Vita is lower. Conversely the DualShock 4 has no touch screen. The DualShock 4 allows for basic gameplay on the PS4, but in order to allow you to play enjoyably with the PS Vita’s remote play, we’re asking developers to offer custom button mapping for the controller.

Finally, he shared his opinion on the remote play experience:

Since the screen is very large, with PS vita games of course, but even when it displays PS3 games via remote play. it looks beautiful. Combine that with PS4 games and it will be amazing. For those that have a PS Vita, the value of the console will increase. If you try it by yourself, I think you’ll realize there’s no better experience.