Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
@spinoza I'm tryna read this Camera LΓΊcida book and it's pretty tough.

I don't know how you did it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah man its a hard book to read but its not an instruction manual. Its basically thinking or reflecting on your photography in a different way. Im really into philosophy and trying to understand teh world we live in so this book kind of appealed to me. Even I didnt understand or get everything in the book. Just try to take whatever you can from the book. I read it a couple years back, I might pick it up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
8340575635_35f8ea189d_b.jpg

The teaser for the next Bollywood action film :gladbron:

tumblr_mg4gvfHTIQ1rvgla2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg4eypQYco1rvgla2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg4fdcGIpd1rvgla2o1_1280.jpg

@spinoza I'm tryna read this Camera LΓΊcida book and it's pretty tough.

I don't know how you did it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where did u cop the book from?

ah ok...i got a 60D..i got the 50mm 1.8, 28-105, and 70-200m...most of the pics i've put on here was with the 28-105...the logo thing I used the 50mm for, I just hate that it can't zoom, but its very clean.

Yeah it is pretty clean. fukkin w/ primes forces you think on your feet when taking your shot...I just wish I had a full frame camera or else I would never take my 50mm off...the crop sensor forces me to go wide lense more than I would like.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For monitor/screen calibration, do you all use what's on your PC to do so? Or is there some free software out there that does the trick?

I just noticed that my dark pics look much different if one's brightness/gamma is on the high side...

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
For monitor/screen calibration, do you all use what's on your PC to do so? Or is there some free software out there that does the trick?

I just noticed that my dark pics look much different if one's brightness/gamma is on the high side...

:dwillhuh:? ....I got a mac.. I do notice a difference in Iphoto and the canon photo program. If that's what you're asking. I would usually import them into Iphoto straight from memory card then to photoshop if I need to edit them in there. If not, I'll make small edits using Iphoto.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:? ....I got a mac.. I do notice a difference in Iphoto and the canon photo program. If that's what you're asking. I would usually import them into Iphoto straight from memory card then to photoshop if I need to edit them in there. If not, I'll make small edits using Iphoto.

I edit my photos in Lightroom on my desktop. I calibrated my monitor on there... a few weeks back. You adjust the gamma and brightness and all of that by right clicking the desktop and going to screen resolution.

My darker photos look one way on my desktop, but when I view them on my workstation laptop I noticed that the pics look different.

Like that dark scenery pic I just dropped. When I made the changes on the desktop, the entire bottom of the picture is black pretty much (there's actually a frozen pond under the trees) but when I looked at them this morning on my laptop I could see where the pond is at. I've since calibrated this laptop's screen and now it resembles what I intended for it to look like when I processed it in Lightroom...

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I edit my photos in Lightroom on my desktop. I calibrated my monitor on there... a few weeks back. You adjust the gamma and brightness and all of that by right clicking the desktop and going to screen resolution.

My darker photos look one way on my desktop, but when I view them on my workstation laptop I noticed that the pics look different.

Like that dark scenery pic I just dropped. When I made the changes on the desktop, the entire bottom of the picture is black pretty much (there's actually a frozen pond under the trees) but when I looked at them this morning on my laptop I could see where the pond is at. I've since calibrated this laptop's screen and now it resembles what I intended for it to look like when I processed it in Lightroom...

at what point in the process do you do the right clicking?...while the pic is up with an editing program open already?...or before its imported to the editing program?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
at what point in the process do you do the right clicking?...while the pic is up with an editing program open already?...or before its imported to the editing program?

Screen calibration is something you do in general. It's not something you do during photo processing. In order to make sure you're screen is displaying an accurate picture, you have to calibrate it somewhat. It's the same for HDTVs.

When you get a TV or monitor and turn it on, you're getting generic settings as a base. Those settings aren't going to give you the best picture possible. That's where calibration comes into play.

I'm not sure how it works on a Mac, but on PC you just right click the desktop and it'll bring up an option to tweak screen resolution. You then go to color management in that setting and it gives you an option to calibrate your monitor.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Screen calibration is something you do in general. It's not something you do during photo processing. In order to make sure you're screen is displaying an accurate picture, you have to calibrate it somewhat. It's the same for HDTVs.

When you get a TV or monitor and turn it on, you're getting generic settings as a base. Those settings aren't going to give you the best picture possible. That's where calibration comes into play.

I'm not sure how it works on a Mac, but on PC you just right click the desktop and it'll bring up an option to tweak screen resolution. You then go to color management in that setting and it gives you an option to calibrate your monitor.

ok i gotcha, I had to do something like that to connect my computer to the TV.