Essential The Official Photography Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
34hj2h4.jpg

I left work early today and took this spot at a spot in queens.

e G o Maniac

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got a 430exII speedlite for my T3i. I've been playing around with it just to get a feel for different bounce techniques and angling. Probably won't be too advanced with this thing right away. Does anyone have any resources they'd recommend I read/watch in regards to flash photography techniques?

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Just got a 430exII speedlite for my T3i. I've been playing around with it just to get a feel for different bounce techniques and angling. Probably won't be too advanced with this thing right away. Does anyone have any resources they'd recommend I read/watch in regards to flash photography techniques?

I got the same flash...like a retard I would just leave it on automatic, 'till few months ago when I saw a youtube video on it..if i remember, it didn;t really come with instructions. Its a good flash though. I think a lot of the best pics come with a 45degree angle to the side bounce. It kinda just depends on the venue lighting...real dark I'd do straight ahead with the top facing the subject bent at a 90degree angle though.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I got the same flash...like a retard I would just leave it on automatic, 'till few months ago when I saw a youtube video on it..if i remember, it didn;t really come with instructions. Its a good flash though. I think a lot of the best pics come with a 45degree angle to the side bounce. It kinda just depends on the venue lighting...real dark I'd do straight ahead with the top facing the subject bent at a 90degree angle though.

I've got the same flash as well. I'm still :flabbynsick: with it tho which causes a lot of my shots to be lit unevenly, but when Im lucky enough to get it to work, it makes a world of difference.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I've got the same flash as well. I'm still :flabbynsick: with it tho which causes a lot of my shots to be lit unevenly, but when Im lucky enough to get it to work, it makes a world of difference.

bro until i saw that youtube video, I had no idea the flash itself can narrow in on a target and you can adjust the light power and narrowness of the aim...When I first got it I just saw it was ETTL(I think thats the option) so it would gauge the lighting automatically with the camera. So I pretty much never adjusted shyt on it for a long as time...some pics were still cool, but like everything in view would be lit up in my pics, even though I wasn't going for that. All this stuff is trial and error no matter how much you read up.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Didn't really do shyt today, and I'm about to go over a friend's to watch the rest of this Lakers/Clippers game, so here's my shot for the day.

4/365 by K e N, on Flickr

Pretty meh, but nobody said this challenge had to have contest winner shots every pic...

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
8351047881_6c90db05b6_c.jpg

Throwing my randoms up now

*edit*

This was taken looking outside of a window in the middle of the night. I dropped the aperture to 1.4 and bumped the iso to like 6400 and shot it handheld.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
i think my eyes are playing tricks on me..

u eever get them tight lavender corduroys?

Usually I'm shootin in landscape so I guess it looks funny in portrait. How does the original post look now? I chose a smaller size.

I got them smedium corduroys breh...I cant squat down to pick up my lenses, but got damn I'm lookin good tho :ohlawd:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Usually I'm shootin in landscape so I guess it looks funny in portrait. How does the original post look now? I chose a smaller size.

I got them smedium corduroys breh...I cant squat down to pick up my lenses, but got damn I'm lookin good tho :ohlawd:

them hipster jawns must love you... i think it was the portrait that had me all :dwillhuh: