Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Online backup looks like the move. They have some places that have unlimited size, you just pay per drive. I'm thinking of getting an 8 tb and just using it for pics/online backup.

I'd seriously cry if I lost my pics.. Straight up balling :mjcry:
I have all the completed and edited images and delivered videos on Google Drive or on my desktop.

For archival purposes, I want the RAW images and video tho

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I have all the completed and edited images and delivered videos on Google Drive or on my desktop.

For archival purposes, I want the RAW images and video tho
If all of that is on the same drive, use Cloud Backup Reviews: Carbonite vs. iDrive vs. Backblaze. You pay probably what you pay for Google. But it's just a huge backup of your entire drive. Now you can't go downloading at an instant. But this is purely for safety.. Like if a fire happened.... Or your hard drive died

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
52057741771_480a836dbb_k_d.jpg

52058242290_be3d88af0c_k_d.jpg

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Looking more and more like the data on my drive is not recoverable. Trying one more spot to give a diagnosis and after that I'm moving on.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I picked up the A7IV today. I ordered an FX6 in Feb, it's still not available. Since I paid in full, I called up the shop yesterday and asked if I can allocate some of my deposit costs towards the A7IV, and they were cool with it.

Things started picking up with my schedule and I wanted to grab this now to hold me over till the FX6 is back in stock

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Had an external WD hard drive fail on me this week. 5TB drive that I been using over the last 2 years or so.

I lost a regular HDD in 2017 that couldn't be restored, lost everything on it.

I've been using external drives for storing media ever since. I ended up sending it to a recovery service, everything was cool with getting in touch with them, getting the FEDEX label set up and mailed to them to diagnose it.

They let me know the files can be restored, and I'm like bet. I go to their site portal to see what the cost is and this shyt said $3000.

:dahell:

I was on the phone with the rep and I was like bro, I was not expecting a 3K quote for this shyt here, at most a few hundred dollars.

Anyway, I remembered the service I had look at my old one that failed and they have a range from 300 to 500 so I swiftly filled out their entry form cause the other place is on some bullshyt with that price. I understand the value provided, but luckily I don't have any active project that I'm working on that requires any of the RAW files stored on the drive. I mainly want the content back for archival purposes or when I want to cut my own promotional reels or something.

Try R-Studio, worked for me

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Finally byke. Found out too late that my baby cousin touched my sensor, and have too many shots that arenโ€™t going anywhere to spot fix all the dust spots :snoop:

Gonna touch up any that I do something with. Slowly starting to get some friends and fam portrait gigs going
Lightroom has a great spot fix tool.. I noticed my own black squiggles after my last trip.. I've got to remember to point up in the sky and take a few testers before starting to snap