I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Any of y’all in PPA? I was looking into it

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I don't know anything about sony cameras, but there is nothing wrong with buying older used cameras. However you can prob spend a few hundred more and get a used a7
I'm not sure that would be wise for a newbie first time beginner

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Canon grip and ProMedia L bracket came today! Canon has seriously done the damn thing with these grips, fit and finish is top notch and compliments the EOS R nicely!! ProMedia L bracket feels military grade, you could probably attach 20 things to this. 1 on my list is their Peak Design Strap with Rapid Connector.

SS2SLLBK3 Peak Design Strap with PMG SS2p1 Rapid Connector

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

SS2SLLBK3-PeakDesign-_284_29.jpg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Had an external WD hard drive fail on me this week. 5TB drive that I been using over the last 2 years or so.

I lost a regular HDD in 2017 that couldn't be restored, lost everything on it.

I've been using external drives for storing media ever since. I ended up sending it to a recovery service, everything was cool with getting in touch with them, getting the FEDEX label set up and mailed to them to diagnose it.

They let me know the files can be restored, and I'm like bet. I go to their site portal to see what the cost is and this shyt said $3000.

:dahell:

I was on the phone with the rep and I was like bro, I was not expecting a 3K quote for this shyt here, at most a few hundred dollars.

Anyway, I remembered the service I had look at my old one that failed and they have a range from 300 to 500 so I swiftly filled out their entry form cause the other place is on some bullshyt with that price. I understand the value provided, but luckily I don't have any active project that I'm working on that requires any of the RAW files stored on the drive. I mainly want the content back for archival purposes or when I want to cut my own promotional reels or something.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
Had an external WD hard drive fail on me this week. 5TB drive that I been using over the last 2 years or so.

I've been using external drives for storing media ever since. I ended up sending it to a recovery service, everything was cool with getting in touch with them, getting the FEDEX label set up and mailed to them to diagnose it.

They let me know the files can be restored, and I'm like bet. I go to their site portal to see what the cost is and this shyt said $3000.

I was on the phone with the rep and I was like bro, I was not expecting a 3K quote for this shyt here, at most a few hundred dollars.

Anyway, I remembered the service I had look at my old one that failed and they have a range from 300 to 500 so I swiftly filled out their entry form cause the other place is on some bullshyt with that price. I understand the value provided, but luckily I don't have any active project that I'm working on that requires any of the RAW files stored on the drive. I mainly want the content back for archival purposes or when I want to cut my own promotional reels or something.
Hope you can get all your files back breh and for a reasonable price. Keep us posted!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hope you can get all your files back breh and for a reasonable price. Keep us posted!
The other service just got back to me. They can do it for $500. I just have to send them a drive to transfer the files to.

So after I buy a new drive (I can get the same model for $104.99 at Best Buy right now) and cover the shipping I'm looking at like $700. I'm about to have the other place send me my shyt back today.

EDIT: Use these guys if you ever have hard drive issues...
$300 Data Recovery

Streamlined process and survey that gets a quick response and an affordable price. This other place is out of their damn mind coming back with those prices

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

damn that sucks, hopefully you get your stuff back

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Canon grip and ProMedia L bracket came today! Canon has seriously done the damn thing with these grips, fit and finish is top notch and compliments the EOS R nicely!! ProMedia L bracket feels military grade, you could probably attach 20 things to this. 1 on my list is their Peak Design Strap with Rapid Connector.

SS2SLLBK3 Peak Design Strap with PMG SS2p1 Rapid Connector

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

gb3.jpg

SS2SLLBK3-PeakDesign-_284_29.jpg

nice damn wish i saw this before i'm travelling won't get it in time

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Online backup looks like the move. They have some places that have unlimited size, you just pay per drive. I'm thinking of getting an 8 tb and just using it for pics/online backup.

I'd seriously cry if I lost my pics.. Straight up balling :mjcry: