Essential The Official Photography Thread

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@FireMikelArteta LOL, the 1st thing I noticed with this camera was it didn't have the usual row of mode buttons on the top deck (AF/ISO/WB, etc), and that multi-function bar got such bad reviews. Then I seen you can remap those mode changes to other dials, perfect. For me having the ISO on the control ring is the easiest to change it when you need it. Also why I bought the Canon adapter with the control ring, for the non-RF lenses.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@FireMikelArteta LOL, the 1st thing I noticed with this camera was it didn't have the usual row of mode buttons on the top deck (AF/ISO/WB, etc), and that multi-function bar got such bad reviews. Then I seen you can remap those mode changes to other dials, perfect. For me having the ISO on the control ring is the easiest to change it when you need it. Also why I bought the Canon adapter with the control ring, for the non-RF lenses.

The more you learn, I was so used to just changing the iso on the touch screen but with the control ring its so easy with an electronic view finder.

I'm coping the rf 16mm and will then cop the canon adapter with the control ring after i do a couple more weddings

:salute:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
will deal with the ramifications later
lemme get them wide pyramid/acropolis/bradenberg gate shots

es.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
cairo - pyramids and sphinx will prob do a day tour on the second day
athens - acropolis, acropolis, parthenon, panathenaic stadium will take transit to get around
santorini - oiya only there for the day flying back to athens in the night
berlin - Reichstag Building , Memorial of the Berlin Wall will do a big bus tour
london - meh been so many times will prob go to windsor the first day to shoot windsor castle
Second day - will prob go to manchester or liverpool

1 camera 1 lens, 2 batteries, 2 powerbanks 5 sd cards

:mjlit:

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@FireMikelArteta :ohlawd: them colors and clarity. Did you notice a difference with your EF lenses on R?

There is a definite bump in IQ to me using ef lenses on the R to me.

Only thing I hate is the adapter :heh: but ef lenses still do the job. Like for example Every review I've read and seen online there is literally no difference between the rf35mm 1.8 and the ef35mm f2

I hope ef prices continue to drop

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the 16mm is literally the same size wise as the rf 50 like if you don't look closely you'd get them mix up. I bought a lens hood then like let me try and thankfully the one i bought for the 50mm fit perfectly let me save my 25 :heh:

2-C915-BE5-884-F-4814-A828-C05-E1972-C6-B1.jpg