Essential The Official Photography Thread

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
cool, i aint seen w 25th and the west side market in damn near 10yrs :wow:

They really building that area up. That night I shot those, there was drunk lady in the community housing building driveway 1 block over from Mitchell's screaming "I'm that bytch!!! Everybody better fukkin know, I'm that bytch!!". I'm across the street tryna find a clean sidewalk spot where I could launch the drone right quick. Didn't take CPD more than a few minutes to roll up on her and quiet all that noise down.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
They really building that area up. That night I shot those, there was drunk lady in the community housing building driveway 1 block over from Mitchell's screaming "I'm that bytch!!! Everybody better fukkin know, I'm that bytch!!". I'm across the street tryna find a clean sidewalk spot where I could launch the drone right quick. Didn't take CPD more than a few minutes to roll up on her and quiet all that noise down.
so its still wild :russ: i used to work at MODA night club, when it existed over there :wow: and i went to ignatius for 2 years, an DJ at touch supper club for like 2 yrs. i left cleveland right when they started to build up "ohio city"

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
so its still wild :russ: i used to work at MODA night club, when it existed over there :wow: and i went to ignatius for 2 years, an DJ at touch supper club for like 2 yrs. i left cleveland right when they started to build up "ohio city"

Damn, I remember MODA, Touch is still over there. Yea, W25th still has its moments. Summertime all kinds of stuff jumping off. Next block over from the West Side Market got all an new retail strip, ready for restaurants and shopping. Cold as fukk that night, Mitchell's had a line outside, best ice cream in the city.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Just found out about this spot today!

Camera: Fuji XT4
Lens: The kit zoom (my prime never comes off so don't remember), Fuji 56mm 1.2 Prime (the GOAT portrait lens)

Camera: Fuji X100V
Lens: Fixed, haven't messed with the 2 attachments though I hear good things

Camera: Sony FX3
Lens: Sony 40mm prime, Sigma 24-70 2.8

Edit: Oh and a OG Blackmagic Pocket (prices on these went up for some reason) and a GOAT OG Canon 7D with that weak ass Magic Lantern install (they could never do a full implementation) still kicking around that I pull out every once in awhile.

Time: I've been messing with video and pictures since I was a kid and saved up to buy my first capture card back in the mid 90s (HI8, Digital8, DV, MiniDV, I done seen it all). Also had one of those still cameras that captured directly to 3.5 floppy disk and later zip disks. Was this close [ ] to going to film school. Jealous of this generation because Film School is not as big of a leap as it was in the late 90s early 2000s. And the tools are readily available for cheap.

I make no money with this shyt. Purely a hobby. Though I've been thinking about doing portraits in my home setup and/or shooting video of my wood/cnc/3d projects process.

Edit 2: Damn, some serious talent in here. Hoping to learn something here.

Last edited:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The switch to red komodo has taken a longer adjustment period than I anticipated...
The color science is WILD...but working with it goes against years of muscle memory.
You HAVE to keep the ISO LOW when shooting a dark scene otherwise the image will be noisy as all hell.
Shooting in RAW is a HUGE plus but it's taking time to unlearn a lot of mirrorless habits that don't translate over to this platform.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Red Komodo since I have Canon lenses kicking around but went FX3 with my first Sony lenses. I don't make money off this shyt so couldn't justify it (and wifey loves Googling model numbers after that shyt arrives lol). But damn every time I see a Komodo I get jealous. I can't wait to see what Red comes up with next and whether or not BlackMagic gives us a box form factor with the next Ursa or Pocket.

Red is finally hitting that price point that some people mistakenly expected the Red One would hit.

You got any footage in this thread or online?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I almost pulled the trigger on the Red Komodo since I have Canon lenses kicking around but went FX3 with my first Sony lenses. I don't make money off this shyt so couldn't justify it (and wifey loves Googling model numbers after that shyt arrives lol). But damn every time I see a Komodo I get jealous. I can't wait to see what Red comes up with next and whether or not BlackMagic gives us a box form factor with the next Ursa or Pocket.

Red is finally hitting that price point that some people mistakenly expected the Red One would hit.

Not yet. We got 3 of them in December and all of our major shoots have been postponed until the middle of February. Kind of sucks but the good thing is that it’s given me plenty of time to get acclimated to the new system. I’m coming from a GH5 and shooting RED is VERY different.
I LOVE the color science, global shutter, and raw capability. I just need to get it in front of some of my major shoots to really put it through the paces properly. The only thing I currently have outside of test shots is a short teaser for a friends daughters quinceañera. I might throw that up on an unlisted YouTube link and share that here.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Lens: The kit zoom (my prime never comes off so don't remember), Fuji 56mm 1.2 Prime (the GOAT portrait lens)

Edit: Oh and a OG Blackmagic Pocket (prices on these went up for some reason) and a GOAT OG Canon 7D with that weak ass Magic Lantern install (they could never do a full implementation) still kicking around that I pull out every once in awhile.

Time: I've been messing with video and pictures since I was a kid and saved up to buy my first capture card back in the mid 90s (HI8, Digital8, DV, MiniDV, I done seen it all). Also had one of those still cameras that captured directly to 3.5 floppy disk and later zip disks. Was this close [ ] to going to film school. Jealous of this generation because Film School is not as big of a leap as it was in the late 90s early 2000s. And the tools are readily available for cheap.

I make no money with this shyt. Purely a hobby. Though I've been thinking about doing portraits in my home setup and/or shooting video of my wood/cnc/3d projects process.

Shiiiiiiiiiid, you have some gear gear... And you were going to cop a Komodo?

:wtf:

Hobby?

You can rent out your stuff and make money that way low key.

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

My guy, sounds like you should be a registered business! Welcome to the squad tho, looking forward to your posts :salute:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What's everybody editing on these days?

I'm long overdue, might grab a new Macbook to make editing these 4K files easier/faster than my old desktop.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I'm long overdue, might grab a new Macbook to make editing these 4K files easier/faster than my old desktop.
2017 27" iMac
4.2 GHz Quad Core i7
64GB RAM

Final Cut Pro
Handles my 6K RED RAW footage perfectly fine without proxy.
Only gets bogged down when I throw a bunch of unoptimized plug ins at it (mainly text graphics and custom animations).

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.

M1 Mac Mini, damn thing is quick and great for the money.

M1 Mac Mini
16gb RAM
512gb SSD

Handles Lightroom, PS, Final Cut Pro and Premiere with ease. In the future I’ll be upgrading to MacBook M1 Pro Max ..

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

I have a Surface Pro 7 that I edit on occasionally, my desktop is still my goto:

49" Dell Ultrasharp U4919DW 5K Monitor
55" Samsung 4K Q90T (mounted above the Dell)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi board
16GB RAM
ASUS GTX 1660 Super 6GB