Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
For sure... Why do you favor Nikon over Canon?

Personal preference I guess. I feel like Nikon focuses more on things like Dynamic range and the way colors and rendered to produce more realistic looking pics while canon focuses on having the highest resolution possible. I'm more interested on the the Art side of photography so I think nikons better suit my needs. If I was shooting Sports or wildlife then I would probably perfer canons.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Personal preference I guess. I feel like Nikon focuses more on things like Dynamic range and the way colors and rendered to produce more realistic looking pics while canon focuses on having the highest resolution possible. I'm more interested on the the Art side of photography so I think nikons better suit my needs. If I was shooting Sports or wildlife then I would probably perfer canons.

For sure I guess I'll decide between the Canon 650D, and the Nikon D5200 for now... i feel like the 7000 series of cams might be too advanced for me...

Appreciate the input:obama:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't wait til I get one of these primes for the NEX. Just built this PC, next up is a new lens. Prolly 2 cause Christmas is coming

:lolbron:

Now I get to dust off the Photoshop skills, haven't used it in years. But when I did, I learned a lot.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
f36z36.jpg

"The Loner"

... I caught this kid sitting there while jogging in the park.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
f36z36.jpg

"The Loner"

... I caught this kid sitting there while jogging in the park.

do you carry you camera around while you jog? im not being feciious or anything i always wondered how people always get great shots when they go out and shyt

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
do you carry you camera around while you jog? im not being feciious or anything i always wondered how people always get great shots when they go out and shyt

lol...i'd see why you ask that...I drove to the park and had my cam in my car...but yeah on the daily I started just waking around wit my cam in a bag..as far as this pic, the kid was sitting there while waiting for someone playing soccer on the field, I guess. I had an idea of what I could make out of him sitting there so i got my cam and snuck in a few pics. I just tried to edit it to give it a depressing look weather-wise. This thread kinda got me back in that mode.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol...i'd see why you ask that...I drove to the park and had my cam in my car...but yeah on the daily I started just waking around wit my cam in a bag..as far as this pic, the kid was sitting there while waiting for someone playing soccer on the field, I guess. I had an idea of what I could make out of him sitting there so i got my cam and snuck in a few pics. I just tried to edit it to give it a depressing look weather-wise. This thread kinda got me back in that mode.

hopefully i got a camera for xmas. ive been itching to get into it

actually i know i did. just not sure a dslr. knowing my pops its a regular digital. :merchant:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
hopefully i got a camera for xmas. ive been itching to get into it

actually i know i did. just not sure a dslr. knowing my pops its a regular digital. :merchant:

no shame in that...they're making them better and better now. I have both, but only use my snapshot for social events..i haaate using my dslr when at a social gathering with friends because eveeeeeryone wants at least 30 pics to feel like a superstar. If you have a decent digi cam and editing programs, I think you should be good. Less to lug around, but i've gotten use to it.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no shame in that...they're making them better and better now. I have both, but only use my snapshot for social events..i haaate using my dslr when at a social gathering with friends because eveeeeeryone wants at least 30 pics to feel like a superstar. If you have a decent digi cam and editing programs, I think you should be good. Less with to lug around, but i've gotten use to it.

i already have a digi though he was like just take it back and get what you want :skip:... listen to me complaining about xmas gifts from my father in my mid twenties hahahaaha

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
i already have a digi though he was like just take it back and get what you want :skip:... listen to me complaining about xmas gifts from my father in my mid twenties hahahaaha

lol....man every year my dad keeps trying to re-give me the same pair of rocawear jeans :snoop: :scusthov: ...i avoid accepting them. You might just have to make that purchase ya self though...after, think about the lenses.