Essential The Official Photography Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
This is a little banner I made and designed for my bro's company. It's a pic I took in my back yard with the cup in the bushes :birdman: .

2m5ny4m.jpg

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Okay Brehs I need some help... for the past 7 years I've been working with a

-Nikon n65 SLR w/ 28-80mm Lense, 70-300mm lense, and a Holga Lense(which I love)

-Holga 120

-Minolta Pocket 270(Childhood favorite)

I am at that point where I have gotten all I can get out of these cams and I need to definitely upgrade to a DSLR...

I am deciding between entry level Canon t4i(650D) and Sony a57... Anybody want to help with this decision... I am leaning towards Sony right now just because I like the fact that Carl Zeiss makes lenses for Sony cams and eventually I'll splurge a stack on a really nice lens to go with the body...

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?

@spinoza Help me out brehbreh

Last edited by a moderator:

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I'm starting to delve into film. Anyone know what Dgaines and Kreayshawn shoot with ? I want that HD quality look.

@spinoza @YouMadd?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm starting to delve into film. Anyone know what Dgaines and Kreayshawn shoot with ? I want that HD quality look.

@spinoza @YouMadd?

I remember getting a glimpes of Kreayshawn's cam in one of her older videos from 2010-2011 and i'm pretty sure she used a Canon EOS Rebel t1i or a t2i for her earlier videos (Lil b - "Like a Martian")... Not sure what kind of lens though. She has probably upgraded by now.. Also not sure about DGaines

I wanna know what kind of fukking lens was being used in the lil B Wonton Soup Video :merchant:

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I remember getting a glimpes of Kreayshawn's cam in one of her older videos from 2010-2011 and i'm pretty sure she used a Canon EOS Rebel t1i or a t2i for her earlier videos (Lil b - "Like a Martian")... Not sure what kind of lens though. She has probably upgraded by now.. Also not sure about DGaines

I wanna know what kind of fukking lens was being used in the lil B Wonton Soup Video :merchant:

And like martian is what came to mind. Props bro.

Would I need FinalCutPro to create some quality projects ? Or are there any cheaper alternatives. I was thinking of taking a final cut class at the local CC.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I want that HD quality look.

@spinoza @YouMadd?

Breh an entire episode of House was shot with the 5dMarkII and a 7D

The 7d, T4i, T3i, T2i all have the same sensor meaning you'll get similar quality. As far as the lenses go, I dunno

Here is a popular video shot with Canon

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Breh an entire episode of House was shot with the 5dMarkII and a 7D

The 7d, T4i, T3i, T2i all have the same sensor meaning you'll get similar quality. As far as the lenses go, I dunno

Here is a popular video shot with Canon

Skywalker Ranch - YouTube

That's fukking amazing.I need to go back through and re-read this thread. Alot of jewels in here.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
And like martian is what came to mind. Props bro.

Would I need FinalCutPro to create some quality projects ? Or are there any cheaper alternatives. I was thinking of taking a final cut class at the local CC.

You can't go wrong with learning Final Cut Pro. I took some film classes in school and it didn't take long to pick it up. Check out Adobe After Effects too... You're ahead of the game if you're thinking about software... IMO the important pieces of photography go:

1. The Photographer 2. Lenses 3. Software 4. Camera Body

Im not to hip to cheaper alternatives, you might want to check with your local print shop... Thats where I usually go when I have photography questions. The hipsters usually know whats up..

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK

@spinoza @YouMadd?

I got a 60D and take all pics and film with it. One thing you also have to know when filming with these is the frames per second rate (fps)..for me thru experience and from what i was told, people usually use 24fps...but 30fps is extra crystal clear...but it also depends on your lens also. A prime is good to shoot with, only draw back is it doesn't zoom in and out....I recently got an L -lense and haven't had the chance to shoot anything with it yet. As far as prime, I've use a 50mm 1.8 to shoot with, and quality was hell good...but again couldn't zoom in which meant having to move closer which means shaking...it could be fixed in editing but why go thru that if you don't have to. my 28-135 does a good job also, though it zoom its just not as sharp or good contrast wise as the 50mm...the L- lens should be a good, because its sharp and I can zoom in and out with it. I dropped a g+ for it though...I'm a big concert head so I wanted something that could do the job for me. Also I will be using the shyt out of this lens when it gets warm again for outside concerts.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
I got a 60D and take all pics and film with it. One thing you also have to know when filming with these is the frames per second rate (fps)..for me thru experience and from what i was told, people usually use 24fps...but 30fps is extra crystal clear...but it also depends on your lens also. A prime is good to shoot with, only draw back is it does zoom in and out....I recently got an L -lense and haven't had the chance to shoot anything with it yet. As far as prime, I've use a 50mm 1.8 to shoot with, and quality was hell good...but again couldn't zoom in which meant having to move closer which means shaking...it could be fixed in editing but why go thru that if you don't have to. my 28-135 does a good job also, though it zoom its just not as sharp or good contrast wise as the 50mm...the L- lens should be a good, because its sharp and I can zoom in and out with it. I dropped a g+ for it though...I'm a big concert head so I wanted something that could do the job for me. Also I will be using the shyt out of this lens when it gets warm again for outside concerts.

Dropped some jewels here.. I'm still trying to understand all this technical language yall usin , though. Im learning.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Dropped some jewels here.. I'm still trying to understand all this technical language yall usin , though. Im learning.

yeah man...i started getting into it in late January...luckily i've met people who've put me onto things knowledge wise and let me tag along on stuff with them...I do read up a lot about this stuff though, I'm constantly at a book store reading photo magazines. As far as equipment, its gonna be trail and error even with purchases...too many different opinions on equipment. It's a learning process for sure.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Okay Brehs I need some help... for the past 7 years I've been working with a

-Nikon n65 SLR w/ 28-80mm Lense, 70-300mm lense, and a Holga Lense(which I love)

-Holga 120

-Minolta Pocket 270(Childhood favorite)

I am at that point where I have gotten all I can get out of these cams and I need to definitely upgrade to a DSLR...

I am deciding between entry level Canon t4i(650D) and Sony a57... Anybody want to help with this decision... I am leaning towards Sony right now just because I like the fact that Carl Zeiss makes lenses for Sony cams and eventually I'll splurge a stack on a really nice lens to go with the body...

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?

@spinoza Help me out brehbreh

Definetly cop the canon over the Sony.

I like nikon better then canon though so maybe consider the D7100?