Essential The Official Photography Thread

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
the sharpness comparison.........

Canon Lens (EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM) VS (EF 70-200mm F/4 IS USM) - Photo.net Canon EOS Forum

Derek Kemp , Jul 05, 2012; 01:56 p.m.
Harry, I am quite surprised that you would make a comment like that. I have tha 70 - 200 f4 IS and have handled and shot with the 2.8 version. To my mind, they are both virtually equal as far as build quality is concerned.

Of course, with more glass, and more body to go around that extra glass, the 2.8 will be heavier. I would suspect also that the non IS version of the f4 model is equally well built. But I believe that one is of an earlier design.

I have also seen in more than one review, that the f4 has the upper edge in resultant image quality over the 2.8. That in itself could be open to debate, and somewhat subjective.

I'd be interested to read your reasoning behind your statement which seems to fly in the face of all that I have ever read and/or experienced with these lenses.

DK

...this was about the 70-200mm f 2.8...not the 2.8ll though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So I gotta shoot some portraits for a family this weekend? Any tips? I feel like I'm in over my head.

All I got is a tripod, Sony NEX 3, Minolta f2 50 mm lens, Canon f1.4 50mm lens, some cheap 30mm lens, and a Sony pancake 16mm wide angle lens.

They're going to be expected me to lead them and snap shots on some Glamour Shots shyt. I have no set, no props. I didn't wanna do it but the mom really wants me to. So it should be good practice.

But like I said, any tips? Anybody ever did this before? I'm thinking I tell them to get dressed up and we shoot outside.. maybe near a park or in the city.

What kind of tripod do you have for your camera? I have the 5N and I'm looking to get one.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
What kind of tripod do you have for your camera? I have the 5N and I'm looking to get one.

You can pretty much use any universal tripod. Most of them have the screw mount. look at the bottom of your camera, there should be a threaded hole for a screw to go in. That's what connects to the tripod.

threaded_hole_tripod_mount.jpg

SWhAdDNLMG5zdGFuVGlWenmLbJDGd3CABhjZermgcystANA4T6nd0pzV0fSzBRRGOd17A4b8ZLwi6-HESbXI0nala5ehjcceE9e_q4vGU8kY1BlBYmr96dHtIUygfxWM.JPG

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
jztwmr.jpg

I wish i woulda had a sharper lens, this woulda looked better but this shot surprised me with the f/@ 6.3...i didn't add any blur to it.

fwixw4.jpg

fancy block, this mailbox stuck out though.

ridge

Daps
kinda been slacking on shooting, school/halo taking up my time

but ive been writing things down in my moleskine of things i saw and wanna shoot

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
So i got the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS...shyt's a little over weight, but i'm glad i got the IS model to compensate for it maybe weight my hand down when i'm not using it on a tripod...prolly try to shoot some stuff with it next weekend.