Essential The Official Photography Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: @ how easy tweaking shyt is in Lightroom.

Bout to shoot more RAW files now.

:takedat:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
hey do you know if lightroom does anything different than photoshop?

i have never used lightroom but everytime i see shyt about it it seems like stuff that can just be done in photoshop

lol @ some of those comments "the after picture looks much more interesting" :merchant: ya no shyt you changed every single color in the picture:skip:
might as well have drawn the shyt

Trust me, Lightroom is the way to go imo. But if you want effects go head to photoshop, but for color correcting and realization (wrd?) use lightroom first. Once you've used both a certain number of times, you'll realize when to use which, but both are beneficial.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
Trust me, Lightroom is the way to go imo. But if you want effects go head to photoshop, but for color correcting and realization (wrd?) use lightroom first. Once you've used both a certain number of times, you'll realize when to use which, but both are beneficial.

from what i have read camera raw does everything lightroom does and as they update lightroom as they update PS CR capabilities so ill prob just stick with photoshop

i like the management system that apparently comes with Lightroom though, then again wtf is the difference between that and bridge? :why:

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
from what i have read camera raw does everything lightroom does and as they update lightroom as they update PS CR capabilities so ill prob just stick with photoshop

i like the management system that apparently comes with Lightroom though, then again wtf is the difference between that and bridge? :why:

it's all about preferences, so I ain't gonna argue either, but the more you use light room the more you see how useful and easy it is to use to do certain things then other programs.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hey do you know if lightroom does anything different than photoshop?

i have never used lightroom but everytime i see shyt about it it seems like stuff that can just be done in photoshop

lol @ some of those comments "the after picture looks much more interesting" :merchant: ya no shyt you changed every single color in the picture:skip:
might as well have drawn the shyt

I'm not an expert in either. I used to just mess around with some of my photos in Photoshop years ago when I was college, but now I really am not sharp with the skills I used to have.

From just playing around with Lightroom, I can see that it's easier to tweak your pictures from how it's laid out. It seems a lot more user friendly than Photoshop from what I've seen so far.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

FlippedTree by K e N, on Flickr

The original shot is here...
351v2ih.jpg

My first time playing around with Lightroom, but I already see the potential as far as improving shots that would otherwise be thrown in the bushes.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
So i was out shooting with my canon a1 and i didnt know that i had to wheel the film once the shots were finished and just exposed the film :to: damn wasted 30 something shots.

do any of you guys use the darkroom? whats it like

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I'm not an expert in either. I used to just mess around with some of my photos in Photoshop years ago when I was college, but now I really am not sharp with the skills I used to have.

From just playing around with Lightroom, I can see that it's easier to tweak your pictures from how it's laid out. It seems a lot more user friendly than Photoshop from what I've seen so far.

Yeah, though i've never used it....I had a feeling it was more user friendly. In photo mags, lightroom is usually the instrument of choice when pics get edited. I think photoshop does that maybe in more steps at times but its also more useful for as far as maybe animating pics. Me, i'm kinda hard headed so most of the times i'd rather take the hard way to learn tricks. But I also started out with photoshop so I just pretty much just work with that.

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few days ago, I put together a little vignette of my time in Rwanda. More of a cinematography thing than photog, but I definitely feel like it reflects my experience. You get a chance to see my ugly face too :yeshrug:

Rwanda

welp I don't know how to embed it

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
A few days ago, I put together a little vignette of my time in Rwanda. More of a cinematography thing than photog, but I definitely feel like it reflects my experience. You get a chance to see my ugly face too :yeshrug:

Rwanda

i5ujwTucwK8QO.gif

That shyt was great man

:wow:

ridge

Daps

Rwanda

great

what kinda camera

im guessing you used a stabilizer while filming too?

old soul

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great

what kinda camera

im guessing you used a stabilizer while filming too?

Its all handheld or using my tripod as a faux-stabilizer.

You're not even gonna believe the camera man: Pentax kx. It takes any pentax lens ever made, I was using legacy glass from like the 60s. 50mm. I actually got rid of the camera in like the spring. Still kinda miss it.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How do you import camera profiles into Lightroom 4 brehs?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.