IMG-0004.jpg

IMG-0005.jpg

IMG-0010.jpg

IMG-0023.jpg

IMG-0036.jpg

IMG-0037.jpg

IMG-0041.jpg

IMG-0003.jpg

Few pics from the two rolls I developed. Did spot healing for the forever omnipresent dust picked up during the scanning process, but other than that, I'm completely unfamiliar with using lightroom or photoshop to mess with the images. If anyone has any resources on messing with the curves/exposure/etc please send them my way, that's one aspect that hasn't quite clicked for me yet, and I know I'm going to have to understand them especially once I start scanning color film.

expired kodak plus x pan film... roll of film older than me, exp. 06/1991:pachaha:

Shooting and developing these rolls made me realize how different the approach between shooting B&W and color can be. Captain obvious, right? Anyways, the results were a little underwhelming, but after looking back on the entire process, I can appreciate these shots. Rushed through two rolls because I wanted to develop them and get it over with. Now, maybe I'll be able to take my time with my shots.

Surprisingly, I didn't look into shooting expired film until after I had already started shooting. Only skimmed quickly through a few online articles, and from what I gathered, film can grow less sensitive over time (??) and they suggest overexposing the film slightly? I probably got that all wrong, because a lot of the shots I took that were overexposed came out... overexposed. :shaq2::russ:

Gonna try one roll following the camera light meter, and the other I'll try bumping the ISO down or something. Maybe I should just do the research.

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
IMG-0004.jpg

IMG-0005.jpg

IMG-0010.jpg

IMG-0023.jpg

IMG-0036.jpg

IMG-0037.jpg

IMG-0041.jpg

IMG-0003.jpg

Few pics from the two rolls I developed. Did spot healing for the forever omnipresent dust picked up during the scanning process, but other than that, I'm completely unfamiliar with using lightroom or photoshop to mess with the images. If anyone has any resources on messing with the curves/exposure/etc please send them my way, that's one aspect that hasn't quite clicked for me yet, and I know I'm going to have to understand them especially once I start scanning color film.

expired kodak plus x pan film... roll of film older than me, exp. 06/1991:pachaha:

Shooting and developing these rolls made me realize how different the approach between shooting B&W and color can be. Captain obvious, right? Anyways, the results were a little underwhelming, but after looking back on the entire process, I can appreciate these shots. Rushed through two rolls because I wanted to develop them and get it over with. Now, maybe I'll be able to take my time with my shots.

Surprisingly, I didn't look into shooting expired film until after I had already started shooting. Only skimmed quickly through a few online articles, and from what I gathered, is that film can grow less sensitive over time (??) and they suggest overexposing the film slightly? I probably got that all wrong, because a lot of the shots I took that were overexposed came out... overexposed. :shaq2::russ:

Gonna try one roll following the camera light meter, and the other I'll try bumping the ISO down or something. Maybe I should just do the research.

Props, i dont think i'll ever go back to shooting film.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

I feel it. I was initially drawn to analog photography because of the lower beginning costs and I guess the sort of old school appeal older cameras have, but it definitely has its downsides. Costs can mount up quick, plus there's a fair bit of labor that goes into just being able to see your work.

My boy got a Nikon P1000 recently, and he's been sending me pictures of the moon or up close shots of like the webbing on a duck's feet and shyt, meanwhile I'm over here not able to shoot cause my roll jammed up.:francis:

I can honestly say I've been enjoying the highs and lows so far though. So I'm going to stick with film for the foreseeable future.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
just got the rf 50mm 1.8 first rf lens I like it makes my camera feel so small, might sell my 35mm f2 and get the rf 35mm next

is it worth paying extra for the is version for the 70-200mm brehs?

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
just got the rf 50mm 1.8 first rf lens I like it makes my camera feel so small, might sell my 35mm f2 and get the rf 35mm next

is it worth paying extra for the is version for the 70-200mm brehs?

Whats the price difference?
Can come in handy at times when you're shooting closer to 200mm cause slight shakes can mess up a shot. Does your camera body have good IS built in?

My experience was with the Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS. Beast of a lens ..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I like the experience when shooting, if I had all the gear and felt like learning the processing process, I'd do it a lot more. If I had a shop closer to my crib, I would do it more. But since I don't... I don't shoot that much, cause I know I won't see them for weeks or months knowing how I am.
:pachaha:

Hell, sometimes I don't even edit my personal digital photos for a minute.
:mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Whats the price difference?
Can come in handy at times when you're shooting closer to 200mm cause slight shakes can mess up a shot. Does your camera body have good IS built in?

My experience was with the Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS. Beast of a lens ..

Thanks breh might just bite the bullet

Just checking on ebay they are like 600 more and kiji like 1,500-1,600

nah the r doesn't have ibis only the r5 and r6 :to:

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
Thanks breh might just bite the bullet

Just checking on ebay they are like 600 more and kiji like 1,500-1,600

nah the r doesn't have ibis only the r5 and r6 :to:

Honestly breh if you're getting enough gigs (by the sound of it you're in the wedding game) might as well just invest in yourself that way you're not questioning "what if?" with regards to your kit.

That lens is a workhorse - I think you'll be super happy with it and the results :obama:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Honestly breh if you're getting enough gigs (by the sound of it you're in the wedding game) might as well just invest in yourself that way you're not questioning "what if?" with regards to your kit.

That lens is a workhorse - I think you'll be super happy with it and the results :obama:

:myman: