Essential The Official Photography Thread

shroommon

Pro
Daps
Reppin
ATL
how do I post pics on here ?

do I need to save them as jpegs first ?

there's no way to drag and drop .. it says I need a URL ,, I cant access my SD card

i guess im kinda :flabbynsick: when it comes to this somebody help me out please
89b849f4-bb67-43bb-abd5-e97fb5ff323e

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
how do I post pics on here ?

do I need to save them as jpegs first ?

there's no way to drag and drop .. it says I need a URL ,, I cant access my SD card

i guess im kinda :flabbynsick: when it comes to this somebody help me out please
89b849f4-bb67-43bb-abd5-e97fb5ff323e

You gotta upload it to a image hosting site first, and then you'll get a URL to copy and paste here.

Upload Image — Free Image Hosting is the easiest and fastest in my experience.

shroommon

Pro
Daps
Reppin
ATL
actual rocket science if you not tech savvy lol

i'll try again later tonight to see if it'll load on here without needing link to another site
(if somebody know what im doing wrong pls help :damn:)

in meantime tho ,, heres some pics i took at ATL nightclub last week ,,, I'll upload again once I figure this URL thing out

DSC06232
DSC06233
DSC06234
DSC06235

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
actual rocket science if you not tech savvy lol

i'll try again later tonight to see if it'll load on here without needing link to another site
(if somebody know what im doing wrong pls help :damn:)

in meantime tho ,, heres some pics i took at ATL nightclub last week ,,, I'll upload again once I figure this URL thing out

DSC06232.jpg

DSC06233.jpg

DSC06234.jpg

DSC06235.jpg

:whew:

Clicking the links you provided, right click (or long press on phones) on the image, and click on "open image in new tab."

This will open up a tab with just the image, plus the direct link for the image (in this case, it's a .jpg file.)

From this new tab, copy the image link, and then go back to the coli.

When you make a post, click on the picture icon, which is located between the smiley face icon and the film strip (video) icon.

Paste the image link in the box, which should say "Image URL:" and press insert.

Your images will now be displayed in your post.

It used to be easier back in the day, but image hosting websites have started making it a little more difficult to get the direct image link for whatever reason.

You have to upload images online first though. Can't just drag an image from your computer or phone onto the coli.

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
PXL-20210320-180529093.jpg

Picked up some film supplies from a very kind teacher here in San Francisco. By chance I searched 'film' on the nextdoor app, and found her post offering free supplies.:blessed:

She gave me a bulk roll of (expired) Kodak B&W film, bulk film loader, darkroom bag, stainless developing tank with two stainless reels and a couple measuring cups.:mjcry:

Gloria Upchurch

This is her website. Kind lady, told me she was a teacher.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
PXL-20210320-180529093.jpg

Picked up some film supplies from a very kind teacher here in San Francisco. By chance I searched 'film' on the nextdoor app, and found her post offering free supplies.:blessed:

She gave me a bulk roll of (expired) Kodak B&W film, bulk film loader, darkroom bag, stainless developing tank with two stainless reels and a couple measuring cups.:mjcry:

Gloria Upchurch

This is her website. Kind lady, told me she was a teacher.

I got fam down in Atlanta who I grew up with that still shoots film (along with digital), he took photo classes and learned the darkroom techniques in high school.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I got fam down in Atlanta who I grew up with that still shoots film (along with digital), he took photo classes and learned the darkroom techniques in high school.

Yeah man, I'm fukking hooked! I got an analog camera just because of the lower initial costs, but after developing my first two rolls, i realized I need to either seriously think about getting a DSLR or begin to develop my own film.:russ:

I've been practically obsessed these past three days. Watching videos on youtube, scouring through different sites looking for good deals on darkroom supplies.

Had to load the bulk film into its loader yesterday, in complete darkness and using the darkroom (changing) bag. It's a bit of a hassle, but I'm enjoying myself. I'm expecting a lot of failures and missteps along the way, but I'm okay with that. I definitely wish I would've done what your cousin did, and taken a photography class in high school.

I will probably be in this thread a lot more often going forward.:ehh:

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
about to buy my first rf lens just the nifty 50 f.18
I actually don't have a 50mm lens :heh: so