Essential The Official Photography Thread

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Raiders

copped the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 art lens on Craiglist. The price was practically a steal :banderas:

can't wait to put it to work
how much..

sometimes those sigma and tamron's need to be calibrated and owners just say fuq it and throw them on craigslist because they know if they put them on ebay the buyer might know their shyt and bite them with a neg or lose their lens (and money)..

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
My cousin is gonna let me borrow his D600 cause he doesn't use it and he doesnt have any lenses for it:blessed:

correction: He ended up having a 3200 not 600:rudy:

Last edited:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody shoot a wedding before?

I forgot I have to shoot one this weekend, Im the second shooter, they already paid a photographer, but they want me to shoot still, plus im hoping I can get some good shots, so I can tag along as a 2nd shooter for a lil extra cash with this experience.

I have one flash a pair or wireless flashes. A canon 7D and a canon 5D mark 3.

For lenses I have a sigma 50mm f/1.4 and the 24-105L...im not sure if I should put the 50mm or the 24-105 on the 5D. the 50mm will allow me to shoot at a lower ISO, but the 24 will give me more on the wide end and the long end. Plus, I dont think my 7D can survive on a f/4 aperture indoors for a wedding with the nasty noise that comes at ISO 3200+

Any tips advice would be much appreciated...kinda scared, family expects me to come away with some good shots, but I would feel better if I had a 2.8 zoom for the most likely horrible lighting conditions :sadcam: I dont want to come with excuses tho, I know the limits of my gear, and I should adjust as such, but still :mjcry:
why would you want to do a wedding for free :usure:

don't get in the way of the pro you'll just piss him off. i would think paid pro would be pissed a rook running around to interfere with his shots unless it's him you got you on.

Last edited:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone do wedding photography as a side gig?

I'm like fish in the sea with photography. Like completely oblivious

Can a breh get some guidance? :sadcam:
you have a long way before you can think about doing weddings. you first gotta take pictures of flowers like a fakkit for many years to learn lenses and technique.

you don't want to jump into doing weddings for a while and leave them to the pros who've been doing them for years... a wedding is THE special moment for people that should be left for pros only.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
why would you want to do a wedding for free :usure:

don't get in the way of the pro you'll just piss him off. i would think paid pro would be pissed a rook running around to interfere with his shots.
It was for one of my closest cousins, and they wanted me to do it, but I've never don't one so I told them to hire somebody else instead. Didn't want to ruin her wedding pics but ill still take pics for my portfolio, didnt want her paying twice, my service was my wedding gift.

And I know, I was aware of where he was at all times, had a chat with him about me being there, and this dude started asking me questions that any pro shouldnt ask, I only answered them because I wanted his pics to be nice. It was then I knew he wasn't shyt tho, so I took ever as main Photographer and didnt give a fukk if i was in his shots or not. He was getting paid like a pro but he wasnt one, one of the reasons ima start shooting more because too many people have nice cameras and are charging $1000+ for a wedding and aren't/cant deliver $500 pics because of there lack of photography knowledge

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was for one of my closest cousins, and they wanted me to do it, but I've never don't one so I told them to hire somebody else instead. Didn't want to ruin her wedding pics but ill still take pics for my portfolio, didnt want her paying twice, my service was my wedding gift.

And I know, I was aware of where he was at all times, had a chat with him about me being there, and this dude started asking me questions that any pro shouldnt ask, I only answered them because I wanted his pics to be nice. It was then I knew he wasn't shyt tho, so I took ever as main Photographer and didnt give a fukk if i was in his shots or not. He was getting paid like a pro but he wasnt one, one of the reasons ima start shooting more because too many people have nice cameras and are charging $1000+ for a wedding and aren't/cant deliver $500 pics because of there lack of photography knowledge
i hate "pros" like that who don't know shyt. you don't want to be an ass and throw ask a few questions and size them up and know they're fakes.

i crashed a wedding i wasn't supposed to be years ago. my bud was working there and needed some help with some equipment an being a tech he called me to help him out. i just happened to have my camera bag with me. the photographer was a joke that was using a p&s and immediately got shook. i carefully avoided him so that he would use me as excuse for being flabby.

i showed them my pics after every pic and he kept :scust:me. they liked my pics and said i just send them since they liked mine better and they're gonna be paid for the other guy. send them :usure:

i charged them $600 and it took them damn near 2 years to pay me all my money and by that time they'd divorced :deadrose:

the bytch kept talkin to me to get them for free but i've never done anything for free in my life.

Last edited:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Snoopy Loops sometimes you can be caught up in the techinically of shyt you start questioning your own sexuality. i've spent so much time taking pictures of flowers and bugs and damn near beat off when i see nice bug pics :wow:

thot facebook cellphone selfies do nothing for me :flabbynsick::to:

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
you have a long way before you can think about doing weddings. you first gotta take pictures of flowers like a fakkit for many years to learn lenses and technique.

you don't want to jump into doing weddings for a while and leave them to the pros who've been doing them for years... a wedding is THE special moment for people that should be left for pros only.

Thanks for the insight, I sorta figured this was the case. That being said, I don't want to invest in gear, only to lose interest before i get any payback.
I'm kinda tight on $, not too tight, so I'm a little wary of getting a dslr. Seems like a big investment.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the insight, I sorta figured this was the case. That being said, I don't want to invest in gear, only to lose interest before i get any payback.
I'm kinda tight on $, not too tight, so I'm a little wary of getting a dslr. Seems like a big investment.
if you're not in by now you really don't have to.

http://www.eoshd.com/2013/10/consumer-dslrs-dead-5-years/

dslr is going to be a niche market pretty soon.
i'm just in it because i'm just used to the feel. just holding on to the camera completes me:wow:.

there's nothing wrong with other brands or other systems but i'm just used to what i know and don't want to learn the culture of other systems...

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
how much..

sometimes those sigma and tamron's need to be calibrated and owners just say fuq it and throw them on craigslist because they know if they put them on ebay the buyer might know their shyt and bite them with a neg or lose their lens (and money)..
bout $800, it included the lens hood and Hoya Filter

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
if you're not in by now you really don't have to.

http://www.eoshd.com/2013/10/consumer-dslrs-dead-5-years/

dslr is going to be a niche market pretty soon.
i'm just in it because i'm just used to the feel. just holding on to the camera completes me:wow:.

there's nothing wrong with other brands or other systems but i'm just used to what i know and don't want to learn the culture of other systems...

I'm looking into a Nikon D5220 with a 18-55mm kit and maybe 35mm or 70mm-200mm. shyt I really don't know at this point, I want to make decision without dragging it out for too long. I love taking photos of random shyt, like street photography is something I know I would love doing, but I wanna make money in the foreseeable future. My only true obstacle is learning photography techniques, the science behind it and post processing (photoshop especially, shyt just looks too damn complicated). I don't know if I'm over complicating things but I'm pretty nervous about investing in a dslr. However I kinda figure you only live once, so fukk it:yeshrug:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm looking into a Nikon D5220 with a 18-55mm kit and maybe 35mm or 70mm-200mm. shyt I really don't know at this point, I want to make decision without dragging it out for too long. I love taking photos of random shyt, like street photography is something I know I would love doing, but I wanna make money in the foreseeable future. My only true obstacle is learning photography techniques, the science behind it and post processing (photoshop especially, shyt just looks too damn complicated). I don't know if I'm over complicating things but I'm pretty nervous about investing in a dslr. However I kinda figure you only live once, so fukk it:yeshrug:
when i started i started with kit lenses. i didn't have anyone to tell me kit lenses are a waste of time.

https://www.photocrowd.com/w/19-14-street-photography-tips
http://digital-photography-school.com/10-tips-for-the-aspiring-street-photographer/

the sooner you can get to a 50mm lens the better..

the 50mm mark (on a full frame) is considered what you're seeing...

Last edited:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you don't want to spend money on this shyt just go to plentyoffish and line some bytches who are interested in photography.
you can tell by their pictures..
skim through profiles and shyt..

date like 10 of them at once. you get all that shyt for free instead of renting it. and go on "photography dates"..

tumblr_ltbdx4jZvq1qe9mrro1_500.gif

i don't know how pof is now. last time i was there was before facebook..

dr-evil-laughing.gif