Essential The Official Photography Thread

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@Raiders

copped the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 art lens on Craiglist. The price was practically a steal :banderas:

can't wait to put it to work
Congrats bruh enjoy that shyt, get the dock if you can, im about to start up a photo business. I did my cousins wedding over the weekend and the fukking Photographer is asking me shyt. Ive never done a wedding so I told her to hire somebody and ill take pics too. This is the second time i've gone to shot somewhere where there are paid photographers and they were trying to get help from me, asking me shyt, last time it was two dudes hired by two different people asking me shyt. I didnt want to start charging until I get really good, but I feel like its a bucnh of dudes with cameras charging people for crap work, and I'd be doing a disservice to my city by not offering up my services. Plus Im broke and need the money. Ima start building my portfolio up tho, I have decent enough equipment a nd enough knowledge about photography to take some nice pics I think

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Congrats bruh enjoy that shyt, get the dock if you can, im about to start up a photo business. I did my cousins wedding over the weekend and the fukking Photographer is asking me shyt. Ive never done a wedding so I told her to hire somebody and ill take pics too. This is the second time i've gone to shot somewhere where there are paid photographers and they were trying to get help from me, asking me shyt, last time it was two dudes hired by two different people asking me shyt. I didnt want to start charging until I get really good, but I feel like its a bucnh of dudes with cameras charging people for crap work, and I'd be doing a disservice to my city by not offering up my services. Plus Im broke and need the money. Ima start building my portfolio up tho, I have decent enough equipment a nd enough knowledge about photography to take some nice pics I think
im sayin tho :mindblown: i be seein some people fukkin BOOMING and all they doin is takin facebook-level shots with expensive cameras they dont know how to use

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Does anyone do wedding photography as a side gig?

I'm like fish in the sea with photography. Like completely oblivious

Can a breh get some guidance? :sadcam:

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Look at some wedding albums, and read up on it, get a flash and some fast lenses, talk with the bride and groom to see if its certain shots they want for the day. Scout the location before hand to get a feel of the lighting and what iso you can shoot at. Watch your aperture, sometimes the light says shoot wide open, but you want to make sure that everybody is in focus who you want to be in focus. shooting at f/1.8 5 feet from the couple or group isnt a good idea because most likely only one person will be sharp/in focus. it can work but you need to make sure that everybody is on the same plane.

That's what I got off the top of my head, I dont do it as a side gig, but im thinking about picking it up, need to look into some contracts to have the couple sign before I start.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
charge my nig. if garbage men getting money, you should be gettin money too.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

I was a 2nd shooter for friend for 3yrs, learned all kinds of stuff, main thing is be available at all times for the shots and get creative when you can. Those are things the bride and groom will remember about you when they look at their pics from you. I do weddings on occasion, can be nerve wrecking at times, and other times pretty smooth. Churches have rules about indoor flash use, with that in mind choose your lenses and camera settings wisely. Keep the bride happy and your day will go smoothly.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94

I don't shoot weddings. Something I've been thinking about doing. Need to get some better equipment though.

My coworker is self taught and been shooting for about 2 years. He's working part time for my company and shooting weddings on the side. He charges between $2000-$4000 for a wedding.

Not sure if any of you follow him on instagram, but Benji Haisch (local Seattle guy) is making a killing shooting weddings around the world. http://www.benjhaisch.com/blog/category/weddings/

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

slow-clap-gif.gif