Essential The Official Photography Thread

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anybody shoot a wedding before?

I forgot I have to shoot one this weekend, Im the second shooter, they already paid a photographer, but they want me to shoot still, plus im hoping I can get some good shots, so I can tag along as a 2nd shooter for a lil extra cash with this experience.

I have one flash a pair or wireless flashes. A canon 7D and a canon 5D mark 3.

For lenses I have a sigma 50mm f/1.4 and the 24-105L...im not sure if I should put the 50mm or the 24-105 on the 5D. the 50mm will allow me to shoot at a lower ISO, but the 24 will give me more on the wide end and the long end. Plus, I dont think my 7D can survive on a f/4 aperture indoors for a wedding with the nasty noise that comes at ISO 3200+

Any tips advice would be much appreciated...kinda scared, family expects me to come away with some good shots, but I would feel better if I had a 2.8 zoom for the most likely horrible lighting conditions :sadcam: I dont want to come with excuses tho, I know the limits of my gear, and I should adjust as such, but still :mjcry:

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
Great thread, I've flirted with the idea of photography when I get a little more free time and disposable income. You brehs make it look good :mjcry:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I forgot I have to shoot one this weekend, Im the second shooter, they already paid a photographer, but they want me to shoot still, plus im hoping I can get some good shots, so I can tag along as a 2nd shooter for a lil extra cash with this experience.

For lenses I have a sigma 50mm f/1.4 and the 24-105L...im not sure if I should put the 50mm or the 24-105 on the 5D. the 50mm will allow me to shoot at a lower ISO, but the 24 will give me more on the wide end and the long end. Plus, I dont think my 7D can survive on a f/4 aperture indoors for a wedding with the nasty noise that comes at ISO 3200+

Any tips advice would be much appreciated...kinda scared, family expects me to come away with some good shots, but I would feel better if I had a 2.8 zoom for the most likely horrible lighting conditions :sadcam: I dont want to come with excuses tho, I know the limits of my gear, and I should adjust as such, but still :mjcry:
Have you thought about renting a lens that would suit your needs better for shooting a wedding?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Have you thought about renting a lens that would suit your needs better for shooting a wedding?
No, im in struggle mode right now, most broke i've been in my life, plus Im not getting paid I dont want to drop $50-75 to rent a lens, plus it's in Arizona and im in Cali, dont want to chance anything going wrong in the transportation because I couldnt afford to replace anything at the moment

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
No, im in struggle mode right now, most broke i've been in my life, plus Im not getting paid I dont want to drop $50-75 to rent a lens, plus it's in Arizona and im in Cali, dont want to chance anything going wrong in the transportation because I couldnt afford to replace anything at the moment

I'll take that Mark III off your hands. $500 straight cash homie.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o10_1280.jpg

tumblr_nd4ai5xzei1qjue96o3_1280.jpg

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

fukk all that, use your iphone and call it a day. I hear the camera on that thing is revolutionary!

But on the real, get a nice flash and use that sigma 50mm prime lens. That speed will serve you much better with the shytty lighting indoors as opposed to the zoom lens. Also, you should seriously look into buying (or renting) a 35mm prime lens. Cannon makes one for $100 breh. That should be your next purchase.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
fukk all that, use your iphone and call it a day. I hear the camera on that thing is revolutionary!

But on the real, get a nice flash and use that sigma 50mm prime lens. That speed will serve you much better with the shytty lighting indoors as opposed to the zoom lens. Also, you should seriously look into buying (or renting) a 35mm prime lens. Cannon makes one for $100 breh. That should be your next purchase.
If i had the money the 35mm f/1.4 art lens from sigma :noah:The 50mm on the 7D is like an 85mm, so im thinking of going with that when I need headshots/portraits/closeups and the zoom for the the basic stuff, but using the 50mm today i'm kind of digging it (The bokeh at 1.4:wow:) (post a pic in a lil) and thinking about just using it on the 5D and just switching lenses and leaving the 7D with my sister. I have a flash, but Im going to save it for the reception, I dont want to be poppin off while they are saying their vows. I also have some wireless triggers, but I dont have a light stand. I think it would have been good to set up on the dance floor.

EDIT: added the pic

njuLIrz.jpg

That subject isolation :whew:

Now only if I had an 85mm or 135mm with f/2 or wider so I can take some portraits/model shots with this level of bokeh :mjcry:

Last edited:

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
If i had the money the 35mm f/1.4 art lens from sigma :noah:The 50mm on the 7D is like an 85mm, so im thinking of going with that when I need headshots/portraits/closeups and the zoom for the the basic stuff, but using the 50mm today i'm kind of digging it (The bokeh at 1.4:wow:) (post a pic in a lil) and thinking about just using it on the 5D and just switching lenses and leaving the 7D with my sister. I have a flash, but Im going to save it for the reception, I dont want to be poppin off while they are saying their vows. I also have some wireless triggers, but I dont have a light stand. I think it would have been good to set up on the dance floor.

EDIT: added the pic

njuLIrz.jpg

That subject isolation :whew:

Now only if I had an 85mm or 135mm with f/2 or wider so I can take some portraits/model shots with this level of bokeh :mjcry:
that's probably going to be my next lens :noah:

i want that 70-200mm 2.8 II, but that price tho :huhldup: