Essential The Official Photography Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
You can only take some many photos of random objects man eventually its like, "What did I get this camera for again?":yeshrug:

maybe, i'm not opposed to shooting humans, i just would prefer them in natural settings, not posing. i know a few photographers that only shoot objects, so some of them dudes are fine with no humans. i might go to a festival this weekend, so i'll probably end up sooting humans

When I first starting taking pics I would shoot random things around the house. Then I would take pics of my class mates. Now I just shoot whatever I like. Its all good whatever you decide to shoot, just try to make the image yours.

If your shooting something that's non animal or human, just ask yourself why you wanted to take a picture of it....when you realise what that is, try to show it in the pic.
i can dig it

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Are any of you into landscape photography? I love the wide angles but you can do some interesting things with wide angle lenses and foreground objects. That is the great thing about photography...once you get the concepts....you can flip it to make ill ish!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
good to see this thread made it over ima post some shyt i been doing...

got a photg internship at a paper this summer some ima have helly throwaway (but still good) pics

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
damn how'd you snag that up?

its really a journalism/photo internship...got it from having a Dog ass resume from a experience standpoint from 16 years old i have radio, TV production (teleprompter work), print and online experience.

Its dope too i get to kick it with major power players in the region, In less than a week i been to multiple events with people like Mayors, Senators, County Executives and i'll be heading up events for the interns too so i have full press access to damn near anything i put a request in for in time...and to top it all off i have full reporting autonomy so if i see a story worth writing i can in addition to my assignments literally ANYTHING its extra dope. I'm hoping they keep me on as a staff photog

Only thing that could make it better is if i got paid..

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
its really a journalism/photo internship...got it from having a Dog ass resume from a experience standpoint from 16 years old i have radio, TV production (teleprompter work), print and online experience.

Its dope too i get to kick it with major power players in the region, In less than a week i been to multiple events with people like Mayors, Senators, County Executives and i'll be heading up events for the interns too so i have full press access to damn near anything i put a request in for in time...and to top it all off i have full reporting autonomy so if i see a story worth writing i can in addition to my assignments literally ANYTHING its extra dope. I'm hoping they keep me on as a staff photog

Only thing that could make it better is if i got paid..
Network as much as you can man
That will open up big oppurtunities when you get out of school.

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
2eci6qa.jpg

This will be converted to something on a plate by the end of the night.

I see the fear in your eyes you in the wrong place.

Sony Nex-5 Wide Lense.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I love my NEX and it's ability to adapt to legacy lenses... but shooting manual is a pain in the ass. Even with focus peaking.

I took over 300 pics this weekend and so many candid shots were ruined because the focus was off just a smidget.

Or it could be that I was trying to use a 50mm lens for everything. :pachaha:

but i luhhs that bokeh :noah: and that 16mm pancake lens just isn't sexy enough for me.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Camera: Canon 7D
Lenses: Canon 18-135 (kit lens), Sigma 30mm 1.4 (my favorite), Canon 50mm 1.8

I bought my 7D a few years ago for video needs.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Camera: Canon 7D
Lenses: Canon 18-135 (kit lens), Sigma 30mm 1.4 (my favorite), Canon 50mm 1.8

I bought my 7D a few years ago for video needs.

breh can u up pics using those lenses? I got the Canon 50mm 1.4 and use that as my walk around lense. Im looking to purchase another lense this week..preferably a wide angle lense.