Essential The Official Photography Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
was moving around some files in my documents, move the photos out of the lightroom folder for one second then put them back in....

go into lightroom and it's not showing any of the folders or collections :to:

imported something i was working on earlier and it didn't save the settings for it either :why:

im gonna have to re-import/edit everything i had again :sadbron:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
old edit

tumblr_madempNdfe1regccro1_r3_1280.jpg

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
was moving around some files in my documents, move the photos out of the lightroom folder for one second then put them back in....

imported something i was working on earlier and it didn't save the settings for it either :why:

Dont you have an export folder? Anyways I think lightroom saves copies of everything. Check in my pictures if you have a PC.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Dont you have an export folder? Anyways I think lightroom saves copies of everything. Check in my pictures if you have a PC.

if you're asking did i "export" the photos through lightroom, no i didn't, my dumbass went straight into the folder, pulled everything out with Cut, then pasted everything back in minutes later thinking it would be alright :snoop:

i put everything in the same exact place that it was but the program isn't picking anything up :why:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
here's some shots I took recently. bear with me this is very amateurish. :patrice:

just got put on the photography game last week

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o2_1280.jpg

anyways what are some yalls tips for beginners brehs?

Best advice would be to keep shooting/practicing. Read up on some photography techniques to get some basic ideas/principles down and just take pics you find interesting I guess...

You're eye for it will get better over time. Key is knowing how to work your cam and not missing the shot you want.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

if you're asking did i "export" the photos through lightroom, no i didn't, my dumbass went straight into the folder, pulled everything out with Cut, then pasted everything back in minutes later thinking it would be alright :snoop:

i put everything in the same exact place that it was but the program isn't picking anything up :why:

:lupe:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
started getting into this photography hobby brehs. i was given a d3100 and the camera is amazing. i'm starting to look differently at everything around me :takedat:

now i was planning to cop a starter lens to go with my new camera other than the kit lens. i've been doing research and narrowed it down to 2 lenses. nikon 35mm f/1.8G vs 50mm f/1.8G. obviously there's the difference in focal lengths, but i'm not too concernced about that since I could just move closer with the 35mm. I'm just wondering about the quality, are they pretty close? ; which one would y'all recommend for normal day to day general type of photography?

also, with photography being a very expensive hobby :to:, where do yall get most of your lenses for the cheap? ones i know are Adorama, B&H, & craigslist

i have a 3100 w/the 35mm. i have no complaints.. i just want a smaller camera now so that i can be more stealthy.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
dont ever touch any of those files breh :wow:

it's been over an hour and my brain is still stuck on :damn:

It can get a lil messy with importing stuff into Lightroom.

I have a folder just for RAW files that I basically import into Lightroom from my HDD (seems quicker that way)

I put my card in my PC, then I copy the files I've taken into the RAW folder, take the card out, then import from that folder into Lightroom. It's an extra step, but it keeps the shyt how I want it. Lightroom is on my SSD so that's another reason I don't just import my pics from the card into Lightroom.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I have a 45mm lens 1.8 that I paid nearly 500 bucks for. It's really all I use at this point.

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta