Essential The Official Photography Thread

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
My photo brehs, is the Canon PIXMA MG6320 the best bang for my buck when it comes to printing photos? This is an extremely important purchase and see these printers for under $200. It offers 6 inks which is a necessity for me. I am willing to up to $200 for the printer.

I need it to mostly print CD/DVD Artwork, what paper do you guys recommend? I was thinking of this:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Glossy-Inches-Sheets-0775B024/dp/B000EUEWGY/ref=sr_1_4?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1370382291&sr=1-4"]Amazon.com: Canon Photo Paper Glossy, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 100 Sheets (0775B024): Office Products[/ame]

But not sure if Gloss or Matte would be best for my needs.

Thanks for any help

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My photo brehs, is the Canon PIXMA MG6320 the best bang for my buck when it comes to printing photos? This is an extremely important purchase and see these printers for under $200. It offers 6 inks which is a necessity for me. I am willing to up to $200 for the printer.

I need it to mostly print CD/DVD Artwork, what paper do you guys recommend? I was thinking of this:
Amazon.com: Canon Photo Paper Glossy, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 100 Sheets (0775B024): Office Products

But not sure if Gloss or Matte would be best for my needs.

Thanks for any help

I'm curious about a printer as well. Wife wants to hang up some shots around the house.

I'm going to have to research it though cause I don't know shyt about prints/canvas'

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I'm curious about a printer as well. Wife wants to hang up some shots around the house.

I'm going to have to research it though cause I don't know shyt about prints/canvas'
My friend cosigned that cannon (he has it) so I am buying it next week along with that paper.

I will let you know how it turns out

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you shoot in black and white, or do it post processing? I havent really dove into it that much. I did download an ebook on black & white, havent had time to read it tho

I shoot RAW and process it afterwards.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
GoldenGlove what program do you use to post process?

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
[ame=http://youtu.be/XXbahdg7YR4]Success in Photography From Gulf Photo Plus 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty cool video about success in photography

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous
started getting into this photography hobby brehs. i was given a d3100 and the camera is amazing. i'm starting to look differently at everything around me :takedat:

now i was planning to cop a starter lens to go with my new camera other than the kit lens. i've been doing research and narrowed it down to 2 lenses. nikon 35mm f/1.8G vs 50mm f/1.8G. obviously there's the difference in focal lengths, but i'm not too concernced about that since I could just move closer with the 35mm. I'm just wondering about the quality, are they pretty close? ; which one would y'all recommend for normal day to day general type of photography?

also, with photography being a very expensive hobby :to:, where do yall get most of your lenses for the cheap? ones i know are Adorama, B&H, & craigslist

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
started getting into this photography hobby brehs. i was given a d3100 and the camera is amazing. i'm starting to look differently at everything around me :takedat:

now i was planning to cop a starter lens to go with my new camera other than the kit lens. i've been doing research and narrowed it down to 2 lenses. nikon 35mm f/1.8G vs 50mm f/1.8G. obviously there's the difference in focal lengths, but i'm not too concernced about that since I could just move closer with the 35mm. I'm just wondering about the quality, are they pretty close? ; which one would y'all recommend for normal day to day general type of photography?

also, with photography being a very expensive hobby :to:, where do yall get most of your lenses for the cheap? ones i know are Adorama, B&H, & craigslist
From what I've learned since getting into this... lenses pretty much hold their value unless you're copping used. I've only bought 3 additional lenses and I've ordered them while they were on sale off of Amazon.

For the quality question on those lenses, you may want to hit up a photo site like flickr and search for photos taken with those lenses or hittin' up a forum just for Nikon cameras to get more research on those two and how they compare image quality wise.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

the 35 is way better but if you really want to step your game up cop the sigma 30mm 1.4

just sold mine

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous
here's some shots I took recently. bear with me this is very amateurish. :patrice:

just got put on the photography game last week

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnxwwsHMCO1r0kwt3o2_1280.jpg

anyways what are some yalls tips for beginners brehs?