The Official Penny Dreadful Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched this last night and thought it was pretty solid. The production values were good and the acting was solid.

Eva Green :noah:

Was debating on whether or not Showtime is worth having until Homeland comes back, but this might be worth having it for depending on how future episodes go.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
she showed her titties on camlot though
nowhere near as much as the niccas drooling in this thread would have liked, she didn't show them in the pilot for thiss show, but we got plenty of schlong, #notagoodlook

in spite of the lack of female nudity, i'll give the show more time at least until Masters of Sex comes back

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
she showed her titties on camlot though

nowhere near as much as the niccas drooling in this thread would have liked, she didn't show them in the pilot for thiss show, but we got plenty of schlong, #notagoodlook

in spite of the lack of female nudity, i'll give the show more time at least until Masters of Sex comes back

I just started "Camelot" (I haven't finished watching the series premiere because I been busy.), so :banderas:.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: TV critics I follow been saying good things about this show

From IGN:

I might watch this show if The Coli hops on this show liked they hopped on "True Detective".

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shameless and House of Lies are off...only reason why I'm keeping Showtime...if it turns out wack I'm canceling.

I'm trying to see what y'all saying because I canceled it when those shows went off and went to starz/Cinemax....which I may also cancel...if it wasn't for GOT I wouldn't have HBO either.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It was on demand on direct tv so I watched it a couple days ago...

Wasn't bad...don't exactly know what direction or audience it was aiming for however...

Seems like a darker, Victorian era sleepy hollow...so the jury is still out

Just found out John Logan is writing directing so...I have faith.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
pretty good.. started out amazing..then fizzled a bit the last 25 min or so.. i'm still on board.

:scusthov: @ nudity being josh hartnetts ass cheeks and some white guys dikk 3 times

it was good seeing hartnett in something again..i hadn't since 30 days of night in 07

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thank you based Showtime for giving me that Adult-Horror theme CRACK I crave for:banderas: Not that Twilght Disney Vampire Diary glossy bullshyt:scusthov:, but that erotic gore 19th century macabre piff:lawd: Is there a role Sir Dalton doesn't play, where's he's not regal:myman: Eva Green as Vanessa Ives is captivating:wow: Hartnet came back, messed around, and landed in a goldmine:jawalrus:The cinematography capturing the aesthetic of Victorian London:whew:, make you feel like you're watching a movie, instead of a TV show:mindblown: Frankenstein corpse coming alive, and face-to-face with his maker was...riveting:ohlawd:

Last edited: