The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Fallout has VATS to compensate the fact that the shooting mechanics is exactly the same as the bow and arrow mechanics in the Elder Scrolls games. Its super bare bones shooting mechanics. VATS is just lock on.
This is just incorrect. Not even sure what else to say, you are just wrong here.
Uncharted has platforming, huge set pieces, completely different movement and gun play. TLOU is much more slower and tactical. PvPvP with different enemies, traps and crafting, light survival mechanics, etc. Same core mechanics and engine, but two entirely different games.
TLOU has the same shyt. The movement and gameplay is the same.

Elder scrolls and fallout have very different enemies types, Fallout has base building mechanics, etc.

For whatever reason you are pretending all the difference between ES and Fallout don’t exist, while also exaggerating the differences between TLOU and uncharted. :smh:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
example A: sony picks up marketing rights for CoD after Xbox drops it

example B: Microsoft spends 70 billion dollars to buy the entire publisher

@MeachTheMonster : same thing :troll:

Nope, it’s not same thing. What sony did is worse. Spend millions to take content off the other console. Make it so the other console and the publisher can’t even acknowledge the game is on their system.

Microsoft buys the publisher to secure content for their subscription service, but still allows the game, content, and marketing to exist as it has been.

@Sony stan’s: “Big bad microsoft fukking up the industry”

:stopitslime:

So did Sony get those marketing rights from Activision/Blizzard?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If EA is smart they really should be preparing Respawn into making the next blockbuster shooter because there could be a reality where COD moves away from Playstation. I have no faith in Dice in doing that

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You mean going forward?

As far as i know microsoft said they would honor any agreements already signed.

I'm talking about this, "Nope, it’s not same thing. What sony did is worse. Spend millions to take content off the other console. Make it so the other console and the publisher can’t even acknowledge the game is on their system." Wouldn't that still require an agreement with the publisher to do such a thing? I'm just trying to figure out what Sony actually did.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is not true at all.
It 100% is true

Been through multiple acquisitions in my industry

The only way “out” is the other party has to agree. And in those cases the money makes it worth it. Cheaper to just ride out pre existing deals and let ‘em expire.

Case in point, look at the X-men movie properties. The Fox movie actors are still contractually obligated to play those those roles until 2025. Marvel waiting to recast until that deal is up.

Even college football, those teams switching conferences are doing it after their current contact tv deals expire.

Lol at thinkin you can Willy nilly break contracts with no repercussions :dead: