The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm talking about this, "Nope, it’s not same thing. What sony did is worse. Spend millions to take content off the other console. Make it so the other console and the publisher can’t even acknowledge the game is on their system." Wouldn't that still require an agreement with the publisher to do such a thing? I'm just trying to figure out what Sony actually did.
They paid activision and plenty of others to pretend their games weren’t even coming to xbox.

Per the contract Microsoft or the publishers were not even allowed to say the game would be on xbox until after release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They paid activision and plenty of others to pretend their games weren’t even coming to xbox.

Per the contract Microsoft or the publishers were not even allowed to say the game would be on xbox until after release.

Like microsoft just did with scarlet nexus

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It 100% is true

Been through multiple acquisitions in my industry

The only way “out” is the other party has to agree. And in those cases the money makes it worth it. Cheaper to just ride out pre existing deals and let ‘em expire.

Case in point, look at the X-men movie properties. The Fox movie actors are still contractually obligated to play those those roles until 2025. Marvel waiting to recast until that deal is up.

Even college football, those teams switching conferences are doing it after their current contact tv deals expire.

Lol at thinkin you can Willy nilly break contracts with no repercussions :dead:
I should be more clear, im saying MS has enough FU money to make it happen in some form.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I should be more clear, im saying MS has enough FU money to make it happen in some form.

I mean if I paid 50 million for the rights and contract and MS offers me 150 mill to agree to break it. :skip:

What would be hilarious is if they extend the deal. :laff:

Brains would be

CommonSpectacularAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean if I paid 50 million for the rights and contract and MS offers me 150 mill to agree to break it. :skip:

What would be hilarious is if they extend the deal. :laff:

Brains would be

CommonSpectacularAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif
Chump change :win:

They probably will keep taking Sony money. As long as the game is on Gamepass it will market itself on xbox.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah MS isn't really worried about COD being MP as of now.
Maybe when PS has actual competition they do the "now choose" thing but that its years in the future. For the foreseeable console generation I think COD and things like OW and other IPs are all MP games because why miss out on free money?

Gamepass will pull over people who want to "play it for free" and the die hard PS fans can pay 70... for it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah MS isn't really worried about COD being MP as of now.
Maybe when PS has actual competition they do the "now choose" thing but that its years in the future. For the foreseeable console generation I think COD and things like OW and other IPs are all MP games because why miss out on free money?

Gamepass will pull over people who want to "play it for free" and the die hard PS fans can pay 70... for it.

Kinda wack that MS will be pricing their games at 70 dollars. Seems anti-consumer

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Respawn are still probably the best shooter dev in the industry despite EA’s management

Not really. Apex has a lot of issues that get overlooked cause it's not exclusive to one console. Respawn also lost a lot of developers, and Vince is now head of BF.

They just went over a whole season where the game was randomly unplayable on Xbox due to input lag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not really. Apex has a lot of issues that get overlooked cause it's not exclusive to one console. Respawn also lost a lot of developers, and Vince is now head of BF.

They just went over a whole season where the game was randomly unplayable on Xbox due to input lag.

What do you think of Deviation? They seem to have a pretty big FPS vet staff

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This is just incorrect. Not even sure what else to say, you are just wrong here.

TLOU has the same shyt. The movement and gameplay is the same.

Elder scrolls and fallout have very different enemies types, Fallout has base building mechanics, etc.

For whatever reason you are pretending all the difference between ES and Fallout don’t exist, while also exaggerating the differences between TLOU and uncharted. :smh:

Movement and gameplay are not the same between TLOU and Uncharted whatsoever.

Movement and gameplay between Elder Scrolls and Fallout are exactly the same tho.