The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
That's true, but a lot of these IPs that MS acquired dont have a mascot or face.

They technically can make completely brand new games, and they'll be under the "Elder Scrolls" name, or "Doom" name. Pretty much exactly what COD does, and even what Final Fantasy does to an extent. Wtf is Elder Scrolls and Doom at the end of the day? Generic medieval fantasy IP and an arcadey shooter that involves cac music and shooting demons from hell.

New IPs are a huge risk, and MS has seen failure after failure with launching new IPs. What they're doing with this acquisition is buying the pipeline that Sony has with their 1P, and they're going to figure out how to make good games by buying the teams who are successful at making great games with successful and established IPs. They're going to be Disney where they rely on spinning existing and acquired IPs instead of taking risks with brand new IPs.
Elder Scrolls and doom dont need a mascot, same with call of duty. They are proven AAA ips garenteed to sell millions of copies. Microsoft has no vision for building anything that isn't already established, you can't compare them to Disney when Disney constantly has brand new movies coming out fairly regularly. If Disney was Microsoft, Pixar would have been working on toy story and nothing else.

Microsoft hasn't seen much failure with new ips compared to sony and Nintendo because they really don't have many new ips that ever see a release date.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ever since Bethesda discovered a winning formula with Oblivion, they just been rehashing the same game over and over.
As what everyone does.

Fallout and Oblivion are more different than TLOU and Uncharted are, but don’t see y’all talking about ND.

All studios gone keep with their winning formula

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Elder Scrolls and doom dont need a mascot, same with call of duty. They are proven AAA ips garenteed to sell millions of copies. Microsoft has no vision for building anything that isn't already established, you can't compare them to Disney when Disney constantly has brand new movies coming out fairly regularly. If Disney was Microsoft, Pixar would have been working on toy story and nothing else.

Microsoft hasn't seen much failure with new ips compared to sony and Nintendo because they really don't have many new ips that ever see a release date.

Sure, Disney has Pixar, but the point was how they lean on their huge cash cows like Marvel, Star Wars, etc because those are reliable sources of money. Its not a 1:1 comparison with MS, but we're saying the same shyt at the end of the day. MS is going to be relying on already established IPs instead of doing new shyt.

And I would argue that closing studios like Ensemble, Lionhead, etc are failures. So is burning money paying developers for their time, only to reboot the project several times (pretty much all their new upcoming IPs like Avowed, Everwild, etc).

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
As what everyone does.

Fallout and Oblivion are more different than TLOU and Uncharted are, but don’t see y’all talking about ND.

All studios gone keep with their winning formula

Nah ND does it too. TLOU and Uncharted use the same fundamental mechanics. All Souls games been the same since Demon Souls on PS3 too, just refreshed lore and bosses.

But Elder Scrolls and Fallout are literally the exact same game reskinned. I played all of them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When yall start throwing out the stan accusations I disengage, you can fight your console wars by yourself.
Naw. When i start throwing out facts you ran away.

With every post you said things that were factually incorrect, I corrected them, you ignored that part and tried to latch on to some other statement to argue about.

You literally said despite the reality that you can actually see “i don’t trust microsoft” like they some nikka you saw down at the bodega. :mjlol:

That’s actual stan behavior breh, don’t get mad at me for pointing it out.:mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ever since Bethesda discovered a winning formula with Oblivion, they just been rehashing the same game over and over.
There's nothing wrong with a developer using a working formula to develop new games, Bethesda revived the fallout series using that formula and I wouldn't call it a rehash of oblivion. From software created the souls formula and made the dark souls series, bloodborne, Sekiro, and elden ring with it and they've only gotten better with each game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah ND does it too. TLOU and Uncharted use the same fundamental mechanics. All Souls games been the same since Demon Souls on PS3 too.

But Elder Scrolls and Fallout are literally the exact same game reskinned. I played all of them.
Elder scrolls and fallout combat are further apart than TLOU and Uncharted.

And that’s not even a criticism, they all do it. Once they get a hit, they milk it.

Sucker punch and Guerilla got their hits now, what games you think they gone be working on for the foreseeable future??

That’s how it works :manny:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Elder scrolls and fallout combat are further apart than TLOU and Uncharted.

And that’s not even a criticism, they all do it. Once they get a hit, they milk it.

Sucker punch and Guerilla got their hits now, what games you think they gone be working on for the foreseeable future??

That’s how it works :manny:

The weapons might be different but its the exact same stupid AI where the enemy just runs towards you.

They dont even react to your attacks / shots either until you reach an arbitrary threshold and they burst in gore.

Its literally the exact same game. The other games introduce other mechanics that provide way more distinction.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The weapons might be different but its the exact same stupid AI where the enemy just runs towards you.

They dont even react to your attacks / shots either until you reach an arbitrary threshold and they burst in gore.

Its literally the exact same game. The other games introduce other mechanics that provide way more distinction.
It’s not just “different weapons” one is mele based with magic and one is FPS based with all types of bombs and futuristic guns.

Beyond that, they are VERY similar though, I agree with you there.

The A.I in ND games is the same. Only mechanics in TLOU that aren’t in Uncharted is the crafting stuff.

Fallout has some different mechanics from ES like the Vats system.

Obviously both sets of games are very iterative of each other.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
There's nothing wrong with a developer using a working formula to develop new games, Bethesda revived the fallout series using that formula and I wouldn't call it a rehash of oblivion. From software created the souls formula and made the dark souls series, bloodborne, Sekiro, and elden ring with it and they've only gotten better with each game.

I agree to an extent. The combat in Elden Ring was a step backwards towards Dark/Demons Souls, versus Bloodborne and Sekiro. I'm personally not a fan of this.

It really is just open world Dark Souls. And Dark Souls is just Demon Souls. All these games are fundamentally the same game with different bosses. Same dodge roll around and wait for an opening gameplay. Everything's still unbalanced. Bows are useless. Etc. They even re-used assets from these games.

Its good if you like the gameplay loop, but if you don't then you won't really win too many new people over unless you go through a big change - like introducing open world. COD was kinda in the same space until Warzone took it to a new level by bringing in the whole BR crowd. Same shyt Assassins Creed is going through right now where they need to fundamentally change if they want to grow.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I agree to an extent. The combat in Elden Ring was a step backwards towards Dark/Demons Souls, versus Bloodborne and Sekiro. I'm personally not a fan of this.

It really is just open world Dark Souls. And Dark Souls is just Demon Souls. All these games are fundamentally the same game with different bosses. Same dodge roll around and wait for an opening gameplay. Everything's still unbalanced. Bows are useless. Etc. They even re-used assets from these games.

Its good if you like the gameplay loop, but if you don't then you won't really win too many new people over unless you go through a big change - like introducing open world. COD was kinda in the same space until Warzone took it to a new level by bringing in the whole BR crowd. Same shyt Assassins Creed is going through right now where they need to fundamentally change if they want to grow.
Bloodborne and Sekiro are just stripped down versions of the souls games.

The mechanics are the same, you just get less variety in play style.

You can play through elden ring just like bloodborne or sekiro if you want to.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
If/when the deal goes through, Xbox should run an announcement advertisement for bringing COD to Game Pass and liberally quoting these responses:

• "[No other developer] can create a rival." - Sony
  • "Stands out as a gaming category of its own." - Sony
  • "A unique franchise that cannot be replaced." - Sony

laughing.gif