The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one criticized microsoft for buying studios though.
[/QUOTE]
Stop it, you goofys created an entire term for it, and rallied against it for years. Clowns collectively had a heart attack when tomb raider was announced as exclusive.

They bought Mojang, Obsidian, Inxile, Doublefine, Ninja Theory, Undead Labs, and more in the spawn of a a few years and not one person complained.
Again, stop it Y’all was mad well before Activision.

And Microsoft still pay for timed exclusivity, look how many timed exclusives they have coming out this year alone. Like, stop.

Peopel are honestly gonna be concerned with the biggest tech company in the world is just buying major 3rd party publishers.
I never said they don’t pay for timed exclusives.

Sony stans always “concerned” about what microsoft is doing :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
My point is that you keeps acting like Sony was pulling underhanded tactics by paying for exclusivity when Microsoft literally created the business model.
No, I didn’t and no they didn’t Sony was already on that wave with stuff like FF7 and Crash Bandicoot among others.

I never said any of it was underhanded. I said it’s been done by everyone.

Offer to fund development in exchange for publishing rights. There is literally a cancelled ps3 port of gears 1 that leaked before Microsoft bought the ip and had it canceled.
Umm that’s literally the point of a publisher. They fund your game and decide on the best way to make money on it.

And again you are wrong, there is no gears ps3 port.

There is a PS3 test level epic made simply to test out unreal on PS3. It was never intended to be a port or a real game. It was made AFTER the deal with microsoft.

I never said I had a problem with that business tactic, I have a problem with yall acting like buying up the gaming industry is justified because sony paid for street fighter 5, something microsoft had been doing for years.
Again. Sony has been spending millions FOR YEARS. They tried to buy all of Bethesdas up and coming games.

What’s the real difference between buying all the individual games, and just buying the publisher? If consolidation is your problem?

Beyond that, current day microsoft if offering there games on pretty much any device you can get your hands on, and for a low price of entry. That’s a better result for consumers than what sony does of paying literally to keep content off other platforms. Again if consolidation is your problem you wouldn’t be in here defending sony at all.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Sony purchased studios that were exclusively working with sony funding during their entire existence, that was their business model. Fund small studios to develop Playstation exclusives before buying the studio. Microsoft's strategy is to buy studios with existing AAA ips because they have no vision to build anything from the ground up. We seen this when they ran bungie out of the company because they didn't want to develop Halo games forever, microsoft had no faith in them working on a new ip. shyt backfired since destiny has been going strong for years while 343 keeps fukking up every halo game they touch.

Turn 10, Playground Games & The Coalition are from the ground up developers. Rare has had their greatest financial success in Sea of Thieves under Microsoft.

I would actually say that the opposite is true currently for Microsoft.

The publishers for the Obsidian games before Microsoft wouldn't have given the ok for Grounded or Pentiment for sure. Microsoft is the reason for the Starfield delay. Under traditional Bethesda governance, that would have dropped this year, bugs and all. Now, companies don't need to have that pressure under the Microsoft umbrella. Weirdness and unique games are encouraged at Microsoft.

All in all, how a developer got under a company doesn't matter. It only serves as fodder to discuss. It's about the point of where we are today and where we will continue to go.

Based on their most recent 8K filing, they aren't done.

Almost word for word, the same thing said after acquiring Bethesda & Zenimax

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Beyond that, current day microsoft if offering there games on pretty much any device you can get your hands on, and for a low price of entry. That’s a better result for consumers than what sony does of paying literally to keep content off other platforms. Again if consolidation is your problem you wouldn’t be in here defending sony at all.
I have no faith in microsoft, who is known to throw money around to kill off competitors, to make moves that will advance the industry for the better. They don't give a fukk about the gaming industry, shyt is just a side hustle for them, just another industry they want to monopolize to profit off being the only option. Phil Spencer seems like he cares, but when he's gone you're left with a shytty company that views innovation as useless when they can just throw money to keep themselves on top.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony purchased studios that were exclusively working with sony funding during their entire existence, that was their business model.
Some were, some were not.

Fund small studios to develop Playstation exclusives before buying the studio. Microsoft's strategy is to buy studios with existing AAA ips because they have no vision to build anything from the ground up.
Like i said you stans are contradictory and don’t even see it. Just a post ago you got mad at Microsoft for doing this exact thing with Gears.

Sony does it, it’s organic and good. Microsoft does it and it’s an “moneyhat” and “consolidation”

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

We seen this when they ran bungie out of the company because they didn't want to develop Halo games forever, microsoft had no faith in them working on a new ip. shyt backfired since destiny has been going strong for years while 343 keeps fukking up every halo game they touch.
More sony stan fan fiction. Bungee wanted to be independent regardless. Microsoft granted that wish for them and still kept Halo as one of the top franchises in gaming for decades.

Now sony bought them and what? you think they gone make anything other than destiny?

That’s how the game goes, you get a hit, you make sequels.

But as usual you hypocritical stans only see it bad if Microsoft does it.

SSM can make GOW games for 20 years and it’s all good :wow:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Sony is obviously going to have the strongest opinion since theyre the only ones that sell consoles out of that list, and COD is a big enough IP to determine console preference (I mean this is the whole point of exclusives - to secure consumers on your console).

Its crazy when you really think about it tho. COD has put so many competing shooter franchises in a backwood. You really never seen anything ever like COD before. Maybe GTA when they were spinning the block in the PS2 era, but now the open world genre has developed so much that theres different niches and sub-genres and theres room for different games in the genre. If MS made COD exclusive, which they never would due to how much money it generates, they would really fukk over Sony.

COD really started out as a shooter with a cinematic campaign and tight arcadey multiplayer - and then they branched out and took over all of the different niches in the shooter genre with HC Search and Destroy to capture the CS/Ghost Recon/Socom lane (they took Gun Game from CS too), then Zombies/Spec-Ops to capture the co-op shooter lane, then Ground War revamp in MW2019 to capture the BF lane (they fukked around and made a better BF game than DICE), and now Warzone to capture the BR sub-genre. And they do a lot of these things far better than their competition, with high end graphics and gameplay (arguably the best movement), and they do it every year. If they ever figure out destruction, Siege is turning into a pack. I remember BLOPS3 had light hero shooter mechanics.

You never seen some shyt like this in any other genre. Its like Drake level of dominance where they can do everything.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I have no faith in microsoft, who is known to throw money around to kill off competitors, to make moves that will advance the industry for the better. They don't give a fukk about the gaming industry, shyt is just a side hustle for them, just another industry they want to monopolize to profit off being the only option. Phil Spencer seems like he cares, but when he's gone you're left with a shytty company that views innovation as useless when they can just throw money to keep themselves on top.
So you just make up sony stan doomsday scenarios in your head despite the reality in your face and pretend sony hasn’t been trying to kill off competition for years by buying content.

Sony stans are a wild bunch :mjlol:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Turn 10, Playground Games & The Coalition are from the ground up developers. Rare has had their greatest financial success in Sea of Thieves under Microsoft.
2 of these studios work on the same franchise that found success on the original xbox, the coalition has been making gears of War games for how long? Will microsoft ever allow those 3 studios to do anything else? Or will they have to leave like bungie to create something different. rare was regulated to bullshyt kinect games until sea of thieves, which was a budget title that nobody had faith in.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony is obviously going to have the strongest opinion since theyre the only ones that sell consoles out of that list, and COD is a big enough IP to determine console preference (I mean this is the whole point of exclusives - to secure consumers on your console).

Its crazy when you really think about it tho. COD has put so many competing shooter franchises in a backwood. You really never seen anything ever like COD before. Maybe GTA when they were spinning the block in the PS2 era, but now the open world genre has developed so much that theres different niches and sub-genres and theres room for different games in the genre. If MS made COD exclusive, which they never would due to how much money it generates, they would really fukk over Sony.

COD really started out as a shooter with a cinematic campaign and tight arcadey multiplayer - and then they branched out and took over all of the different niches in the shooter genre with HC Search and Destroy to capture the CS/Ghost Recon/Socom lane (they took Gun Game from CS too), then Zombies/Spec-Ops to capture the co-op shooter lane, then Ground War revamp in MW2019 to capture the BF lane (they fukked around and made a better BF game than DICE), and now Warzone to capture the BR sub-genre. And they do a lot of these things far better than their competition, with high end graphics and gameplay (arguably the best movement), and they do it every year. If they ever figure out destruction, Siege is turning into a pack. I remember BLOPS3 had light hero shooter mechanics.

You never seen some shyt like this in any other genre. Its like Drake level of dominance where they can do everything.

Thats why sony said it’s impossible to make another shooter on that scale because every Activision studio works on it now. Acitivison is basically a Call of Duty machine