The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Also, abuse the academy feature. Create a game vs bots (set to Spartan, play fighting on, reveal location, infinite ammo)

no amount of setting tweaks will equate to practice. Use the academy to practice BR and Snipers (human and banished). Work on tracking, Aim prediction and being clean and efficient.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Newbie to this shyt.

Do you not have the grapplin hook as standard issue?

Why do other mufukkaz have better guns than me starting out???? :to:

I'm out here lookin like Arsenio's boy in Harlemm Nights. :mjlol:
AppropriateMinorArrowcrab-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Newbie to this shyt.

Why do other mufukkaz have better guns than me starting out????

Everyone starts off with the same weapons and you find other (usually better) ones along with equipment like the grappling hook, over shield, etc. in the map.

A lot of team strategy revolves around controlling key areas of the map and being ready to pick up things like heavy weapons or equipment pickups. If you've ever played team slayer and the other team is just outright dominating you, it's likely because they are coordinating their movement around the map and making sure to get those heavy weapons and equipment drops every time. Even if they're not talking, a group of players who understand this will always outplay a bunch of lone wolves on one team

If you're new stick to the buddy system and always follow someone else around on the map until you get your bearings. If you just wonder around aimlessly fishing for kills, you'll just end up as cannon fodder. Unless you have rockets or throw a perfect grenade, you're likely losing any encounter where you're outnumbered.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Rekkapryde
This video will help. He's talking about Ranked multiplayer but the same principles still apply. Biggest difference between regular matchmaking and ranked is that in non-ranked you start off with the Assault Rifle and Sidekick Pistol, and Ranked starts you off with just the Battle Riffle and no secondary weapon. There is also no radar in ranked

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Newbie to this shyt.

Why do other mufukkaz have better guns than me starting out???? :to:

It depends on the mode. The Fiesta playlist thats highlighted the past few days is purposely unbalanced n silly, you always spawn with random weapons. Its aint to be taken seriously, its just stupid, goofy fun.

in the other social modes, you always start with the Assault Rifle n Sidekick

Assault rifle is fine for mid to close range, same for the sidekick.

Halos all about facilitating map movement to avoid campers, so better weapons n the equipment are spread on the map for you to run to.

Ranked is Battle Rifle starts. The only thing that’ll outclass this bad boy is a sniper from long range or a sword, hammer, rocket launcher from closer range. The BR is viable at almost any distance. Even completely across the map on Behemoth(that sandy level that looks like The Ark from Halo 3), the BR can nab you a kill if used right.

Plasma weapons aint good for kills, but they are viable for stripping shields n then switching to something else to finish off the kill like the sidekick or AR

The Needler aint the best but can be useful for a quick kill as long as you dump an entire set of needles into the opponent. Do not use this weapon for chippin away health, its an all or nothin type of weapon.

Skewer(the bladed weapon that shoots a big spike) is a power weapon n one hit kill, but can be tricky to use. Ive found it best for takin out vehicles.

If you play campaign, dont play it how u do multiplayer. Equipment is permanent once u unlock it, n weapons that suck in multi are actually useful. For example, the Pulse Carbine aint good for more than shields in multi, yet in Infinite it ended up bein my main driver till i got the secret power weapons from takin out High Value Targets.

Last edited:

Chef

All Star
Daps

I should have phrased it differently as if the nerf is set in stone, my bad. Pro players are asking 343 to put it on a timer, 343 said they’re going to look into it. I don’t like pro players being the voice of reasons when it comes to sandbox changes. I think the weapon is fine as it is, it’s one of the better designs the sandbox.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I should have phrased it differently as if the nerf is set in stone, my bad. Pro players are asking 343 to put it on a timer, 343 said they’re going to look into it. I don’t like pro players being the voice of reasons when it comes to sandbox changes. I think the weapon is fine as it is, it’s one of the better designs the sandbox.

I dont like it either. it aint OP but it aint trash, there's no need to change it.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No need for a nerf, pros complain about every gun not named BR. Keep some distance and you’ll be fine. If anything they need to buff the carbine and ravenger :scust:
so I just saw a vid on the halo reddit that made a lot of sense, the Ravager is a shield stripper with a wide radius, making it good for a multi kill vs a single kill like the pulse carbine or plasma pistol. use other weapons to close out the kill.

I no longer hate it n understand its place in the sandbox. its also excellent to weaken dudes behind cover due to its volley trajectory.