The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re hung up on the term fetch quest
Yeah, that’s literally all I said :dahell:

The game doesn’t have a single “fetch quest”. That aside, the map is primarily full of icons (missions, quests, adventures, whatever) that require you to search for, seek, investigate, find, collectibles, skins, audio logs, and NPCs. These aforementioned activities hold no real bearing on the campaign story itself and do not contain and “side story” elements that would add to the campaign/story experience.
TLDR: the story is flames, everything else is a missed opportunity and feels like a chore. The game would have been made even better as a linear game instead of an empty map of optional collectibles. As a single player experience it being open world makes quick diversions feel tedious. I would imagine as a co-op experience those optional quests,adventures,missions,icons blah blah would be much more fun to go after.
The last of us doesn’t get the same criticism from me because it’s linear. There aren’t huge empty spaces between core missions full of optional quests. A better comparison would be ghost of Tsushima which has a similar open world structure except many of the side activities have their own story elements. Sure they have cosmetic missions, but they also have a ton of side story content that makes the overall world feel more immersive.
Here’s the thing with your “criticism”

It doesn’t make sense.

On one hand you say you don’t like the fact that the game is littered with “fetch quests”

Then on the other hand you say the existence of collectibles in Halo are “bad” cause they don’t actually have a fetch quest tied to them. :stopitslime:

Make it make sense breh.

Again. You can intentionally ignore everything that’s not a Boss, FOB, or enemy base and still see and enjoy most of what’s to offer in Halo infinite. The “open world” is structured in a way that you never have to deviate from the main path. Ubisoft games don’t work like that. There aren’t “huge open spaces” in between story missions unless you chose to explore. If you go straight from one mission to the next, it flows like any other linear game you can call out.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Campaign is wearing thin on me. I love the gameplay but I realized very early on now that most of the campaign is padded with side missions and fetch quests. Boss battles are very fun and FOB capture is cool but everything in between feels like a chore. I do enjoy the story itself quite a bit.
Needs snow, deserts, etc. my first playthrough i did a couple of FOBs n High Value targets but otherwise stuck to the main path. Aint bother with the other shyt till after my legendary playthrough.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, that’s literally all I said :dahell:

Here’s the thing with your “criticism”

It doesn’t make sense.

On one hand you say you don’t like the fact that the game is littered with “fetch quests”

Then on the other hand you say the existence of collectibles in Halo are “bad” cause they don’t actually have a fetch quest tied to them. :stopitslime:

Make it make sense breh.

Again. You can intentionally ignore everything that’s not a Boss, FOB, or enemy base and still see and enjoy most of what’s to offer in Halo infinite. The “open world” is structured in a way that you never have to deviate from the main path. Ubisoft games don’t work like that. There aren’t “huge open spaces” in between story missions unless you chose to explore. If you go straight from one mission to the next, it flows like any other linear game you can call out.
I don’t like any quest/mission/task/etc without a good story element tied to it. The semantics of a “fetch quest” to me is being given a task to go “fetch” something. But I don’t want to spiral down that again. My point is, they had the opportunity to make a lot of those missions/tasks/quests/whatever meaningful by tying some type of story element to them. It’s not a critique of Halo only but more so of the open world genre. Ghost of Tsushima can be repetitive as hell gameplay wise but they tied some great story to a large chunk of those otherwise tedious mission structures. My minor gripes of Halo Infinite are the major gripes I had with Zelda BOTW. There are ways to make tasks in an open world game interesting instead of making them optional filler and shrugging behind “hey at least their optional”. I’ve gotten chills throughout most of the halo story so far and it makes everything else feel dull as hell.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t like any quest/mission/task/etc without a good story element tied to it.

Well you got your criticisms backwards.

Your problem isn’t the prevalence of “fetch quests”

It’s the lack of fetch quests. :stopitslime:

If that random armor paint had a emotional grunt origin story attached to it, then it would make your effort to go collect it worthwhile.

That’s literally what a fetch quest is. You seem like a “fetch quest” advocate at this point.

The semantics of a “fetch quest” to me is being given a task to go “fetch” something. But I don’t want to spiral down that again.
My point is, you are literally never give a “task” to go pick up those things. :francis:

It’s not semantics “collectibles” and “fetch quests” are two very different concepts.

My point is, they had the opportunity to make a lot of those missions/tasks/quests/whatever meaningful by tying some type of story element to them. It’s not a critique of Halo only but more so of the open world genre. Ghost of Tsushima can be repetitive as hell gameplay wise but they tied some great story to a large chunk of those otherwise tedious mission structures. My minor gripes of Halo Infinite are the major gripes I had with Zelda BOTW. There are ways to make tasks in an open world game interesting instead of making them optional filler and shrugging behind “hey at least their optional”. I’ve gotten chills throughout most of the halo story so far and it makes everything else feel dull as hell.
Don’t do the full shyt :dahell:

I agree going to a random point on a map to pick up blue paint for a plasma pistol is dull as fukk. That’s why I ignored most of that, and I do the same in most games.

My point is, Halo at the very least respects your time by telling you up front what color the paint is and exactly where to find it, so you can make an informed decision about whether you want to go get it or not.

IMO that’s a way better situation than talking to a random NPC who sends me to collect 5 grunt pelts to cure his wife’s cancer and then he gives me the same blue paint as a reward. Thats a “fetch quest”. And those suck to me.

Seems you are more into movies than anything else. Your criticism is basically that Halo doesn’t have enough movies to justify its map icons :beli:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Well you got your criticisms backwards.

Your problem isn’t the prevalence of “fetch quests”

It’s the lack of fetch quests. :stopitslime:

If that random armor paint had a emotional grunt origin story attached to it, then it would make your effort to go collect it worthwhile.

That’s literally what a fetch quest is. You seem like a “fetch quest” advocate at this point.

My point is, you are literally never give a “task” to go pick up those things. :francis:

It’s not semantics “collectibles” and “fetch quests” are two very different concepts.

Don’t do the full shyt :dahell:

I agree going to a random point on a map to pick up blue paint for a plasma pistol is dull as fukk. That’s why I ignored most of that, and I do the same in most games.

My point is, Halo at the very least respects your time by telling you up front what color the paint is and exactly where to find it, so you can make an informed decision about whether you want to go get it or not.

IMO that’s a way better situation than talking to a random NPC who sends me to collect 5 grunt pelts to cure his wife’s cancer and then he gives me the same blue paint as a reward. Thats a “fetch quest”. And those suck to me.

Seems you are more into movies than anything else. Your criticism is basically that Halo doesn’t have enough movies to justify its map icons :beli:
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
IMO a "fetch quest" is when a quest-giver wants you to retrieve some item(s), and bring it back to them. the reward could be progressing the story, another item (or money), the item you fetched, or another damn fetch quest

I don't think collectables and such fall into this category

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
IMO a "fetch quest" is when a quest-giver wants you to retrieve some item(s), and bring it back to them. the reward could be progressing the story, another item (or money), the item you fetched, or another damn fetch quest

I don't think collectables and such fall into this category
Ok

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I'm not sure how to feel about the campaign. I mean it's fun, the grapple hook and throwing fusion coil is straight cheese. The brutes are trash like Halo 3 brutes. Slow and easy to kill. Boss fights are dope. The jackals are more of a challenge than the brutes. I think I'm only halfway on heroic and might have to switch to legendary because grapple hook and fusion coil are idk broken.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Fracture: Tenrai event returns today

As a quick refresher: Fractures are a completely free limited-time event that returns multiple times over the course of a Season. The free Event Pass offers unique cosmetics and rewards over 30 tiers, with Tenrai being themed around the Yoroi Armor Core – a Samurai-themed Spartan. These rewards are earned by playing in the action-packed Fiesta event playlist and completing event-specific Challenges.

Let’s highlight some changes we’ve made since the initial debut, based on feedback from the community and our own internal goals for how we want these events to operate and evolve.

Where players were only able to progress 7 tiers of their Event Pass in the week of the first Fractures: Tenrai event (November 23-30, 2021), players can now progress 10 tiers per week. By design, you will still have to participate in multiple weeks to obtain everything in the Tenrai Event Pass, but we hope this extra buffer will help expedite progression for highly engaged players.

We recognize the frustration that many players felt where they would have to work through multiple non-Event related Challenges or burn through Challenge Swaps in order to get an Event Challenge to show up in rotation. We felt this too and have made adjustments to ensure that players are always making progress on at least one Event Challenge as well (provided you have active Event Challenges remaining for the week). What this means is that Event Challenges have been tuned to appear in your Challenge rotation sooner and they will have a higher weekly cap (originally 7, now 10).

Further, we also agreed with feedback around the actual content of the Event Pass regarding the amount of Challenge Swaps and XP Grants that made levelling up feel less rewarding. The great thing about these events are the cosmetics, that’s what everybody’s excited about and wants to pursue, so we’ve replaced all XP and Challenge Boosts above Tier 10 onwards with cosmetic items. That’s a total of 11 new cosmetic items that will be available completely free.

Content that was originally slated to be featured as premium offerings in the store for the remaining weeks of this event has now been added to the core free event pass. Please note that no content changes were made from the first week of Fracture: Tenrai – these changes only apply to week two onwards. Any premium store purchases made during week one will remain exclusive to the week one store – they are not being added to the Event Pass.

Here’s a look at the updated reward track:
HIS1MP_Event_Pass_Tenrai_Infographic_2160x2160-1024x1024.jpg