The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Couldn’t miss tonight. Had a match with no deaths. Got named mvp of my team twice, won all but 1 of my matches, and made what felt like every clutch shot in front of me :ahh:. Check this finish to my last match of the night. Look how close the timer was to 0:00 :lolbron: :umad: :banderas:. This might have been the best shooting display I’ve put on all week.

nice Overkill

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Husky Raid is crack, and I never knew I needed it in my life. I am curious to watch husky raid matches that are played competitively. I feel this is a type of mode that can catch on with other games because it's not too casual and it's not too competitive. I wonder if expanding map a bit can add some new mechanics to it.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Husky Raid is crack, and I never knew I needed it in my life. I am curious to watch husky raid matches that are played competitively. I feel this is a type of mode that can catch on with other games because it's not too casual and it's not too competitive. I wonder if expanding map a bit can add some new mechanics to it.
I think it’s most important element is the map size. A short and narrow map forces constant action which is the entire point of the mode. A larger map would undermine that.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think it’s most important element is the map size. A short and narrow map forces constant action which is the entire point of the mode. A larger map would undermine that.
They had this one map when it launched in some giant forerunner structure called Aquaduct. It was giant compared to the other maps, and games would end up tied 0-0 or maybe 1 flag cap right at the end. Ot was boring as shyt.

Thankfully, i aint got it in awhile, i think it go taken out

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They have to do something about matchmaking. I’ve played well but lost 10 matches in a row now. Only twice in that span have I had even a single teammate with a positive K/D.
the curse of being a solo player. all the people I play with are old heads on MCC. I run into stacks often on Infinite. Usually I hit up a custom or do the Lone Wolves playlist when I get burnt out on having trash teams.

Firefight cant get here soon enough

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

we aint even need 343 to do a remake. Forgers can just remake Halo CE's campaign now:gladbron:

these forge tools truly have limitless possibilities for content. im seriously impressed by what 343 has given us Forge wise.

they aint even gotta try now, the community will keep the game fresh with content with these tools.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

we aint even need 343 to do a remake. Forgers can just remake Halo CE's campaign now:gladbron:

these forge tools truly have limitless possibilities for content. im seriously impressed by what 343 has given us Forge wise.

they aint even gotta try now, the community will keep the game fresh with content with these tools.

Honestly, this is what I am worried about the rumored move to unreal. I don't think the engine was the problem, it's just that they stretched themselves thin at launch by not having the live service correct. I feel it would be a waste if forge can't carry over to unreal

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, this is what I am worried about the rumored move to unreal. I don't think the engine was the problem, it's just that they stretched themselves thin at launch by not having the live service correct. I feel it would be a waste if forge can't carry over to unreal
oh if halo 7 doesn't have a forge like this its gonna be a major black eye on 343. the problem wasn't the engine, it was Microsofts short sighted reliance on contractors. Slipspace aka BLAM! version whatever is awesome. its got the halo physics for 2023, just what fans like myself want.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
oh if halo 7 doesn't have a forge like this its gonna be a major black eye on 343. the problem wasn't the engine, it was Microsofts short sighted reliance on contractors. Slipspace aka BLAM! version whatever is awesome. its got the halo physics for 2023, just what fans like myself want.
Yeah, I am hoping that creative assembly project is a one-off and they don't abandon slipspace because it's clear this engine feels modern. Plus, I assume they can still do traditional Halo campaign on this engine, so I don't think there's a need to migrate next mainline Halo to another engine.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Extraction is fun :ehh:. The variety of game modes and maps in the playlists is so much better compared to what we had at launch. Always keeps the gameplay feeling fresh when you’re bouncing around different modes

Completed the Season 5 Battle Pass nikka we back-back :wow:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Extraction is fun :ehh:. The variety of game modes and maps in the playlists is so much better compared to what we had at launch. Always keeps the gameplay feeling fresh when you’re bouncing around different modes

Completed the Season 5 Battle Pass nikka we back-back :wow:

The battlepass seems very fair to level and doesn't seem like an endless grind like most games. Also, if you're a person coming back to the game you can always complete previous battlepasses since they don't expire.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The battlepass seems very fair to level and doesn't seem like an endless grind like most games. Also, if you're a person coming back to the game you can always complete previous battlepasses since they don't expire.

Yeah I think how they handle the battle pass is perfect. If you wanna do the seasonal grind and have some shyt to work for its there, but you can totally ignore all of that and still have full access to all the game modes and other content. Very player friendly which is a breath of fresh air in the live service space :ehh: