The Official-Official Halo Infinite Thread

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finished playing for the night. I missed the first flight, and Im a big enough Halo fan so I made sure to be in this one.

Im playing on PC via Steam. It was an easy redeem process, no connection issues or crashes or problems connecting to the online servers.

The game is heavy on my GPU (RTX 2060). Im playing on at 2304x1296 resolution, mostly medium settings, some high. It took me a while to get the game to run smoothly, even though it reported high frame-rates…it felt off. I had to turn off v-sync in-game and then enable it + gsync via the nvidia control panel. And i turned off that running camera shake since it made everything look juddery. After that the game felt good to play and rarely dropped below 60.

Anyways, onto the actual game. Its definitely Halo 3 meets Halo 5. I like it. I can nitpick at things here and there but I figure they will be making small balance adjustments using the data they will be receiving from this tech preview.

Weapons felt good, the grappling hook is great, and the audio is fantastic. So many games have bad audio, so its nice when the game sounds…the way its supposed to sound.

2 of the 3 maps were solid (the bazaar town map is unbalanced with the rocket in the middle). Overall, it felt like classic Halo (Halo 3) with modern controls. I am looking forward to playing more against real people during the matchmaking hours this weekend and Im really looking forward to big team battle next week.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I finally got the 2nd invite email. I received it at 9:25 PM. That’s funny cause I was playing the game the night before I received the email.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Thanks to playing with the bots I’ve honed my grenade-throwing to Halo CE levels of mastery even when I’m running away I’m fukking nikkas up with grenades.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I talked shyt about this weapon earlier but I actually got a double kill while using The Ravager so maybe its not that bad. I think the melee on it is stronger than other firearms.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I finally got a few minutes to play earlier. Only played against bots but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I had to up my sensitivity from that frozen molasses default, although it didn't seem to change in the weapon drills. When I get another chance I'll have to play against real people, see if I really like it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I finally got a few minutes to play earlier. Only played against bots but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I had to up my sensitivity from that frozen molasses default, although it didn't seem to change in the weapon drills. When I get another chance I'll have to play against real people, see if I really like it.
Play with your weapon sensitivity levels alot, it will pay off. I had to do that when I was trying the weapon drills and after I did so the game got much better.