MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Brehs, i think that we're gonna have a big decision to make come draft day....do we hope/pray a QB of our liking falls to us, or we trade up....or do we opt for best value/other positional need?

I'm not 100% sure that Telesco will be able to wheel and deal to get players to Vegas, but at the very least we'd be able to supplement whatever we'd give up in the draft to get a QB.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Brehs, i think that we're gonna have a big decision to make come draft day....do we hope/pray a QB of our liking falls to us, or we trade up....or do we opt for best value/other positional need?

I'm not 100% sure that Telesco will be able to wheel and deal to get players to Vegas, but at the very least we'd be able to supplement whatever we'd give up in the draft to get a QB.
To me, you do everything you can to get the franchise QB. QB can change the entire trajectory of your team. Look at what Burrow and CJ Stroud did to bum ass franchises. Texans went from worst team in the league to divisional round playoff team. No other position does that for a team. Sure we can do the "Safe" route and get another position of need on the defense or o-line, but neither is moving the needle like an elite QB.

The dream is to move up, but if they can't, I'm starting to really like the prospects of Penix as the QB. He has all the tools to be elite, just has a wicked injury history, which may scare a lot of teams off. He may even make it to the second round without getting drafted.

I'd also sign a veteran though and have the QB we draft sit for a year. I'd prefer Cousins.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
To me, you do everything you can to get the franchise QB. QB can change the entire trajectory of your team. Look at what Burrow and CJ Stroud did to bum ass franchises. Texans went from worst team in the league to divisional round playoff team. No other position does that for a team. Sure we can do the "Safe" route and get another position of need on the defense or o-line, but neither is moving the needle like an elite QB.

The dream is to move up, but if they can't, I'm starting to really like the prospects of Penix as the QB. He has all the tools to be elite, just has a wicked injury history, which may scare a lot of teams off. He may even make it to the second round without getting drafted.

I'd also sign a veteran though and have the QB we draft sit for a year. I'd prefer Cousins.

I don't see Penix going in the first, just cause of his injury history ( and the weird hangup people have with left handed QB's)....But i highly doubt he makes it past mid 2nd.

Jayden having the ASU relation with AP might do some good for development, but at the very least... he clearly has another level of playmaking that AOC simply cant provide.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I don't see Penix going in the first, just cause of his injury history ( and the weird hangup people have with left handed QB's)....But i highly doubt he makes it past mid 2nd.

Jayden having the ASU relation with AP might do some good for development, but at the very least... he clearly has another level of playmaking that AOC simply cant provide.
I agree bro

I would be content with AOC if he had showed any signs of mobility, but a pure pocket passer that's not elite elite at it, is just asking for a failure in 2024 NFL. If your ceiling is "Derek Carr" than you not someone I want as our QB.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

giphy.webp

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Im glad we aint got Harbaugh
His brother had an undisciplined ass team vs the queefs
And lets be real he didn’t win shyt with the niners :manny: