The Official New Rory & Mal Podcast Thread

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

In the YouTube video "Drake v.s. Kendrick: Who Is WINNING?!", Rory and Mal debate the rap beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar, focusing on their diss tracks "Family Matters" and "Control." Rory appreciates Kendrick's approach in addressing the beef with a provocative verse, while Mal argues that Drake's music and visuals are superior. They discuss the authenticity of the allegations made in the songs, with Rory expressing skepticism towards the veracity of the information presented. The conversation shifts to the impact and replay value of the diss tracks, with Rory arguing that Kendrick's "Control" verse overshadowed Drake's "Ether" due to its release timing and the controversy it generated. Both hosts acknowledge that rap is filled with falsehoods and ultimately discuss the idea that Kendrick's execution of "Control" neutralized Drake's diss by feeding him fake information, resulting in a win for Kendrick.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
In the YouTube video "Drake v.s. Kendrick: Who Is WINNING?!", Rory and Mal debate the rap beef between Drake and Kendrick Lamar, focusing on their diss tracks "Family Matters" and "Control." Rory appreciates Kendrick's approach in addressing the beef with a provocative verse, while Mal argues that Drake's music and visuals are superior. They discuss the authenticity of the allegations made in the songs, with Rory expressing skepticism towards the veracity of the information presented. The conversation shifts to the impact and replay value of the diss tracks, with Rory arguing that Kendrick's "Control" verse overshadowed Drake's "Ether" due to its release timing and the controversy it generated. Both hosts acknowledge that rap is filled with falsehoods and ultimately discuss the idea that Kendrick's execution of "Control" neutralized Drake's diss by feeding him fake information, resulting in a win for Kendrick.
Whoever typed this up should be fired. Ether and Control? WTF? And whoever decided to promote that clip of Mal looking like a whole entire fukking bytch, almost crying over this shyt, should be given a raise.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Drake supporters ignoring that pedo shyt they only saying the daughter ain’t real
I argued with annoyingtv yesterday that the pic of him kissing Kylie, that onstage video of him with the 17 y/o, and multiple instances of him hanging with young girls are all potentially evidence of Drake being a groomer. He knows what power comes with his image, he knows these chicks are all bubbly around him because he is Drake.

Ppl on this forum defending him have daughters that they would never let hang with a mid 30s nikka.

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Yeah he’s a clown. I agree that people will look back at this battle and say “family matters” is the better record the same way they do with “take over” and “ether”

I think drake’s records will age better and his whole “we sent you a dummy mission” will grow legs when we look back at this exchange
fukk no, Family Matters had nice beats but All 4 Kendrick songs killed it

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
I think both things can be true. Migos was already big and bubbling and Drake helped take them to an even bigger level. I know for me personally that Versace remix was my introduction to the Migos.

It reminds me of UGK on Big Pimpin. Already established group with an established fan base getting with the biggest artist in the game on a smash hit that expanded their reach.
:what: UGK been out for years before Big Pimping and Migos was literally played everywhere a month before Drake jumped on it. That’s like saying Drake made Fetty Wap

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I argued with annoyingtv yesterday that the pic of him kissing Kylie, that onstage video of him with the 17 y/o, and multiple instances of him hanging with young girls are all potentially evidence of Drake being a groomer. He knows what power comes with his image, he knows these chicks are all bubbly around him because he is Drake.

Ppl on this forum defending him have daughters that they would never let hang with a mid 30s nikka.
i've said the same on youtube vids all they do is laugh and say Drake won/it was nothing/etc

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:what: UGK been out for years before Big Pimping and Migos was literally played everywhere a month before Drake jumped on it. That’s like saying Drake made Fetty Wap
That’s the point. That’s why I said they were already an established group with their own fan base. Both groups were already successful before linking up but they weren’t household names to a more casual crowd. The collabs exposed them to the casual crowd and raised their profiles taking them to an even higher level.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

Don't know how any man could disagree with this :hubie:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
i will say i think Mal is playing a character [although he truly feels like this] this podcast has gotten a lot more traction and engagement because of Mal throwing on the OVO cape and shield

Nicca pullin' the Anti Joe right before our very eyes. Gettin' poppin' off nut hugging instead of hating like Joe did wit Views. Joe said and says it all of the time, "if we say _____, we are OUTTA here!"

:ehh:

Even made it to the TDE radar:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

py5xUkw.png

Fred.

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
nikka said Drake made the Migos like Bando wasn’t the hottest thing out of Atlanta at the time
That shyt was crazy too.

The main reason Drake jumped on the track was because the Migos were up next. It was a mutually beneficial thing, Drake didn’t make shyt.