The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
3 episodes in I feel the same way about this show that I do about Daredevil. The villain and their operation is more interesting than the hero.

Like I'd rather watch a show about Wilson Fisk running Hell's Kitchen, going to prison, and then getting out to takeover the streets again. Or a show about Cottonmouth and Mariah walking the line between being a criminal organization and actually trying to help better Harlem. The hero and their story arc is what I care the least about in these shows.
Cage regular life is far more interesting to me that Murdock.

Now Daredevil is dope. He's more interesting to watch fight because he has a harder time trying to win. However, all them lawyer scenes fall flat compared to Cage's "regular day" life.

Last edited:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I fukkin knew this was Adrian Younge on this score I was like

Damn this shyt is :ohhh:

Started feeling that Black Dynamite :ohhh:

My girl looked it up after I said sound like AY and sure enough

:blessed:

This shyt is good no fukkin c00n'n its some real shyt the people should love I'm taking my time with it episode 3

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
While I had a few minor issues with the show overall I enjoyed the hell out of LUKE CAGE.
This is the best Marvel TV show hands down and that soundtrack was just :ohlawd:
Best of all the show was just so unapologetically black which I loved.
And it pulled off a monumental feat for a Marvel property by actually giving us 3 really good villains.
JugVkJG.gif

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
so far pretty boring the acting stiff but the characters are interesting. I like this more than JJ but not on DD level still got 10 more episodes tho

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:dwillhuh:Surprised with all these posts saying it's still boring 3-4 episodes in.Outside of episode 1, it builds and builds but with a jog tho not a Sprint. Understated isn't the same as plodding, it seems daredevil fights every 5 minutes technique has killed people's attention spans :francis: