Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
This show s wack.....lets keep it 100

This.
The pacing was :trash:.
The writing was meh, but strong performances could have made it palatable....unfortunately those were also :trash:.

And the absolute WORST offender was Mike Colter himself as "Luke Cage".
The man was so bland there might as well have been a life-size cardboard cutout of Luke Cage playing the role. :mjcry:

Mojo Jojo Morpheus

Dap Distributor
Daps
Reppin
Where it's hotter & wetter
shyt goes downhill fast after Cottonmouth dies. Couldn't finish Jessica Jones and Daredevil season 2 was a chore to finish up.. Cutting these shows down to 8 episodes would help out tremendously
I enjoyed DD season 1 immensely. My expectations were low, so I was pleasantly surprised when they were surpassed.
I expected the same or similar level of enjoyment from JJ but nope.
I already have a natural aversion to shows with female protags because they are usually Mary Sues.
My own bias + the awfully slow pacing of the first 3 episodes made me drop it after just 3 eps.

I had dropped LC after the first 3 eps too but my gf wanted to watch it together so I picked it back up for her.
Now, I feel like she made me waste my time because my initial drop was justified.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally got around to watching this.
2 episodes in.

This show is amazing and well thought out.
Between the cinematography, the Gang Starr episode titles, the great performances by Rafael Saadiq & Faith Evans, and dropping knowledge of Harlem's history I'm very impressed.

A lot more episodes to go but it looks great so far.