The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
First off, I LOVE the similarities between this show and the Shaft movie with Samuel L Jackson from 2000. So much feels the same.

This was a really dope show starting off that kinda lagged at the end as the acting got a little subpar.
I'm almost thinking they taped the ending before the rest of it because it kinda got worse. I also thought the Diamondback character came a little out of the blue and the story kinda seemed weirdly placed....but whatever. I really liked the Cottonmouth character. Wish he'd have lived but on life support on something.

That said, Misty Knight :wow:. She's the type that'll give you the side-eye if you ain't hittin it right...but still encourage you to do better :noah:

This might've been one of my favorite experiences ever watching a show just because of the Blackness on display.

Loved the live music performances. Wish they could've done one every episode kinda like New York Undercover...but some is better than none.

Really good, very good effort. I expect season 2 to correct season 1 issues and be exceptional

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
First off, I LOVE the similarities between this show and the Shaft movie with Samuel L Jackson from 2000. So much feels the same.

This was a really dope show starting off that kinda lagged at the end as the acting got a little subpar.
I'm almost thinking they taped the ending before the rest of it because it kinda got worse. I also thought the Diamondback character came a little out of the blue and the story kinda seemed weirdly placed....but whatever. I really liked the Cottonmouth character. Wish he'd have lived but on life support on something.

That said, Misty Knight :wow:. She's the type that'll give you the side-eye if you ain't hittin it right...but still encourage you to do better :noah:

This might've been one of my favorite experiences ever watching a show just because of the Blackness on display.

Loved the live music performances. Wish they could've done one every episode kinda like New York Undercover...but some is better than none.

Really good, very good effort. I expect season 2 to correct season 1 issues and be exceptional

My one problem is that with Luke being a blaxploitation character, he didn't have the coolness of Samuel L, Richard Roundtree, Black Dynamite, hell Jack Spade or Shame. He wasn't even as cool as Cottonmouth. Hopefully, they'll correct it.

Daps
I thought he was gonna pull out a Sniper Rifle and this nikka pulled out a RPG :mjlol:
tumblr_oefmvdEX1J1qas7y7o3_540.gif

Daps
One thing. If this show is happening around the same time, or after, JJ and DD, how is Luke not owning is own bar in Manhattan (like he did in JJ)?

He went from bar owner to dishwasher, which makes no sense. Don't tell me it happened earlier either, cuz Rosario Dawson already references DD a ton in the show ("I know a really good lawyer," etc).

Also they reference modern day shyt with Cottonmouth talking about ASAP Rocky and shyt.
putting him in the same sentence as Big L:scust: