The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Where is that Steve Harvey gif when you need it..

Ps if there are going against the hand and elektra is coming into play do we really need another female villian? This feminist shyt man. When this defenders was announced I honestly thought they were doing shadowland :francis:

Daps
great show. i only started looking at this thread after finishing the show cuz i didn't want you n-words spoiling my shyt.

what can i say that's not already been said. 9 out of 10 from me. loved the cast, the story, the villains. more than anything though, i love that this was a black show first, corny, marvel show second and they didn't water it down any for the cacs.

cameos were awesome too. didn't cage was a PLO style fan too :wow::wow:

Daps
I said it before but I thought Diamondback was a really good villain.

I dug Cottonmouth too but Diamondback was just the better villain this season. dude was unhinged and volatile but he was smart as fukk and always a step ahead of everybody else, not surprised that he's gonna come back again the future after doc burstein stitches his ass up.

thought his whole beef with luke cage being from him not being 'loved' enough to be a bit moist but eeh, overall liked how he conducted himself. dude stayed with the fresh suits too.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I dug Cottonmouth too but Diamondback was just the better villain this season. dude was unhinged and volatile but he was smart as fukk and always a step ahead of everybody else, not surprised that he's gonna come back again the future after doc burstein stitches his ass up.

thought his whole beef with luke cage being from him not being 'loved' enough to be a bit moist but eeh, overall liked how he conducted himself. dude stayed with the fresh suits too.

Diamondback was the real villain the whole time.

Cotton mouth was supposed to show what a "bad guy" looks like before superheroes show up. No match for like cage.

Striker was on some straight super villain shyt.

Daps
"Yeah I'm freestyling off the dome, but I ain't spit a bad verse yet" was a dope ass line.

The writing for this show is so ill :wow:

Yea that was the line I was referring specificallty to when I said Diamondback was always a step ahead of everybody else. when you look at all of his actions / decisions in isolation all you see is a crazy nikka going buck wild but dude always had a plan and always came through. even after luke beat his ass I knew he'd be back in no time.

Writing is legit live. Got so many nice lines I could mention - really digged the show.

Daps
He was cool. I wish he and cottonmouth had had some type of powers though like the traditional characters.

i feel like shades is the real supervillain. dude is lowkey as fukk but keeps popping back into the limelight.

i'm actually glad he doesn't have powers. i'm really not into blatant super hero shyt. i liked luke cage mostly cuz i felt it was a hood story first and a 'marvel' joint 2nd.