The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
8.3/10

i fukked with this show man, it was really good but more to be desired, in a good way though. I can tell that Marvel just wanted to make a statement on the violence against black men and women and police brutality, which New York was a fukkin breeding ground for unlawful killings and arrests from what we seen with Eric Garner and such.

episode 13 was pretty damn good and i died at their quippy corny jokes "i heard cuban coffee is robust :takedat:"

with all that said this was a good show, some acting fell apart with Mariah, shades was a bit one-dimensional and Luke had a bit of bad takes here and there but overall this show worked for the better.

Mike Colter is the embodiment of Powerman and seeing him in a suit was very reminiscent of the 2016 comic

Misty Knight at the end of episode 13 tho :noah: :noah: :wow:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
tumblr_oehl9j8aei1u69j7vo1_500.gif

tumblr_oehl9j8aei1u69j7vo2_500.gif

tumblr_oehl9j8aei1u69j7vo3_500.gif

:ohlawd:
CqfqAWQWIAAeKiK.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I read the Jessica Jones synopsis earlier.

fukk that bytch :pacspit:

That Rapist nikka sound kinda ill tho, not that i condone that shyt. It wasn't like forcibly taking the p*ssy or anything :whoa:

"Jessica Jones" the series is aight but Kilgrave the villain is a beast. He don't fukk around, at all.

Fred.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finished it today. It was solid. Slow and a bit corny at times but I enjoyed it. If I had to rank it amongst the other Marvel shows on Netflix, I put it an inch above Jessica Jones. They both were good, just neither one was Daredevil.

I said it before but I thought Diamondback was a really good villain. Luke's speech while in the precinct felt very Black Dynamite.

Got Meteor Man vibes during Cage/Diamondback's fight but that seems to be a common trope (happened in Friday and in Rocky V) of the neighbourhood cheering on the protagonist.

Luke and his damn coffee :russ: "Just depends on the blend, I hear that Cuban coffee is particular robust" :shaq: GTFOH with that shyt breh lmao!

We're three shows deep now with a fourth coming and a potential Punisher show, they gotta tie all this together soon. I'm only wondering how :patrice:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Finished it today. It was solid. Slow and a bit corny at times but I enjoyed it. If I had to rank it amongst the other Marvel shows on Netflix, I put it an inch above Jessica Jones. They both were good, just neither one was Daredevil.

I said it before but I thought Diamondback was a really good villain. Luke's speech while in the precinct felt very Black Dynamite.

Got Meteor Man vibes during Cage/Diamondback's fight but that seems to be a common trope (happened in Friday and in Rocky V) of the neighbourhood cheering on the protagonist.

Luke and his damn coffee :russ: "Just depends on the blend, I hear that Cuban coffee is particular robust" :shaq: GTFOH with that shyt breh lmao!

We're three shows deep now with a fourth coming and a potential Punisher show, they gotta tie all this together soon. I'm only wondering how :patrice:
They ain't going to use a character's freshman series to tie everything up. No more than Luke did that's for sure.
As iron fist and publisher are the next 2 shows it's almost a guarantee the defenders wont actually meet until the actual show

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Iron Fist is in March then Defenders in the fall. Punisher won't be seen for a while but I've been hearing he's been filming different locations so he'll be popping up in Defenders, his series, and I keep hearing Agents of Shield rumors as well :whew:. The Hand is being set up to face the Defenders though :ohlawd:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Iron Fist is in March then Defenders in the fall. Punisher won't be seen for a while but I've been hearing he's been filming different locations so he'll be popping up in Defenders, his series, and I keep hearing Agents of Shield rumors as well :whew:. The Hand is being set up to face the Defenders though :ohlawd:
Just read that Sigourney is the villain for The Defenders.

• Dap
Reactions: hex