The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
See man, I didn't even remember the names of all those random ass characters on "Jessica Jones". Not just characters, the whole subplot with Jessica's boss and her ex was :comeon: as hell. Not to mention the two weird neighbors. It seemed like they were adding characters and arcs to pad out the 13 episodes.

At least on "Luke Cage" if they had a side character they either had minimal screen time (Bobby) were a random recurring goon (Zip) or they tied into the main plot (Shades, Clair, Misty....too many to name really).

Fred.
Don't know if one villain performance tops Killgrave or Fisk. However, this had easily the best "collection" of villains. Cottonmouth, Mariah, Diamondback, Shades were a great combo. They weaved in and out like a comicbook.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Almost at the end. One episode left. I enjoyed it for the most part till episode 7. I just can't dig Diamondback. Dude is so fukking corny and it's so wack how he's Luke's most dangerous villain and shyt. Like damn son. You're kinda bulletproof. You're strong enough to bend steel and guns, but Diamondback can hit you with a combo that staggers you at the least. You can't even use your fake strength to jump high or anything useful. Even your fights are...I dunno. Most people he just walks up to them and does his "I'm stronger than you" slap or tap on the head. I would like to see him fly in and fukk some folks up or something. Goddamn. I dunno. This shyts kinda just wearing on me

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
tumblr_oeesaaz2Ut1vuubx7o2_540.png

tumblr_oeesaaz2Ut1vuubx7o1_540.png

:mjlol::dead:
Now this shyt right here had me weak as fukk:laff:. I didn't even like diamond back but that shyt was pure comedy:laff:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Almost at the end. One episode left. I enjoyed it for the most part till episode 7. I just can't dig Diamondback. Dude is so fukking corny and it's so wack how he's Luke's most dangerous villain and shyt. Like damn son. You're kinda bulletproof. You're strong enough to bend steel and guns, but Diamondback can hit you with a combo that staggers you at the least. You can't even use your fake strength to jump high or anything useful. Even your fights are...I dunno. Most people he just walks up to them and does his "I'm stronger than you" slap or tap on the head. I would like to see him fly in and fukk some folks up or something. Goddamn. I dunno. This shyts kinda just wearing on me
I see what you did there :umad:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was not good. I give it a 6/10 and two of those points are because it was shot in Harlem.

The good:
It took place in the Mecca :blessed:

Lots of beautiful, classy black women in this show :ahh:

Positive messages of empowerment throughout, including a nice little speech from Luke at the end.

The bad:

The Luke Cage dude couldn't act.

They killed off the best character and the best actor halfway through (Cottonmouth).

Shades :russ:

Stryker :snoop: I thought it couldn't get any cornier than their first fight, until their second fight :snoop:

Overall it was just sloppy... and a little TOO cartoonish.

:ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Oso