The Official Netflix Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 1 Thread

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I cut it off in the first episode where the heist went wrong and ended up killing dude. Too corny.
lol the first episode is AWFUL but I'm gonna finish it. It has to get better

Side note: how old is Frankie Faison supposed to be in the early 80s? He's damn near 70 now

Last edited:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But what’s most distinctive about the series is the way it puts race — and specifically pride in Harlem, where the show takes place — at the center of the story.

This approach has a couple of effects, beyond the unusual (for the superhero genre) and welcome element of diversity. The selling of Harlem as a literary-artistic wonderland is distracting in what’s basically a straightforward, middling-quality comic-book adaptation about a reluctant hero taking on gangsters and crooked politicians.

And it often feels like the cultural lessons are getting in the way of the genre fun.

the show from which it was semispun off, it looks decidedly average. Mr. Colter was better served there, playing a stoic Cage in a supporting role — here he doesn’t seem comfortable carrying the show. And “Jones” pulled off the trick of being both a compelling narrative and a smart, frightening commentary (in that case, on predatory male behavior). “Cage” tries to do a similar thing with racial politics but gets lost in platitudes. Its messages don’t get under your skin.

-The New York Times

:stopitslime::francis::usure::dwillhuh::what::why::mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:
I like that Cage's blackness is acknowledged and therefore part of his story without going for some sort of black lives matter stand-in or allegory. Because you know a lesser show would've went there.

Haven't finished the season yet; on episode 9.

This was cringe worthy trash. :mjcry:

I had so much hope.
What don't you like about it?

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I loved this!
Yo if they find a way to make a Night Thrasher series on Netflix :banderas:

The black power cipher will be complete!!!!

New Warriors is already confirmed as the suppporting cast in the Squirrel Girl show marvel greenlit.
Squirrel Girl on TV? Marvel Developing New Warriors Comedy Series

My only question is are they gonna use the OG helmet where you know he's black... :banderas:
th

Or the redesigned helmet... cause I guess the wind was in his eyes. :mjpls:
th