The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
I don’t get how the encryption key is supposed to reverse the hack. I thought the 5/9 hack deleted all of e Corps digital records.

The hack didn't erase their digital records, it encrypted the servers E-Corp used to hold the data and made it impossible for them to unlock them. The encryption was designed to self destruct once completed. Romero had a key logger set up but didn't record the encryption key. Mr. Robot set up a backup because it's what Elliot would have done.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The hack didn't erase their digital records, it encrypted the servers E-Corp used to hold the data and made it impossible for them to unlock them. The encryption was designed to self destruct once completed. Romero had a key logger set up but didn't record the encryption key. Mr. Robot set up a backup because it's what Elliot would have done.
Why didn’t the encryption self destruct? Didn’t the hack get completed?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I don’t get how the encryption key is supposed to reverse the hack. I thought the 5/9 hack deleted all of e Corps digital records.

It did, but Elliot/Mr. Robot made the encryption key as a backup plan in case executing 5/9 didn't go as planned. Which it definitely didn't have the effect he anticipated, with the economy crashing, curfews at night, military in the street, and E Corp/Dark Army just using 5/9 to their benefit. Now I'm curious as to what effect resetting 5/9 will really have in the world of Mr. Robot :lupe:. Darlene's hooker friend wasn't happy about her debt coming back and the Dark Army didn't seem concerned with Elliot's plan. Plus they have already proven they can spin pretty much everything however they want. Elliot hitting Enter on the laptop was more for himself as the show said, I just hope he's really ready to take on White Rose :wow:. Although the post-credit scene he won't only have the Dark Army to worry about with Vera coming back :merchant:.

Santiago finally got what was coming to him :pacspit:. Only for Dom to take his place, her life is fukked now :mjcry:. When he punched her out in the parking garage though :skip:.

My man Bobby Barbecue headed for some R & R after having to clean up every bodies messes all season :ehh:. In his convo with Grant before dipping, did he basically say he used to be White Rose's boy toy in the past :dame:. Grant thought he was special, only for White Rose to toss him to the side on some see you in the next life, as soon as I get my time machine working :troll:.

We know that Price doesn't believe any of White Roses "delusions", but we also know that he is Angela's father :leon:. He told her to accept the fact she got played, but I expect Angela to be on her :birdman:come season 4. I want to see Tyrell return to that form as well, Euro Bateman got soft these last couple of seasons. Now that Swede Thot is gone and his son is who knows where, he should return to the :demonic:even more.

Can't wait to see what Esmail has cooked up for season 4 :whoo:

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
The keyloggers captured everything they did via their keystrokes, Elliot encrypted the data file by file ....essentially rendering the data useless, the keyloggers had the encryption keys, and if they used a symmetrical key algorithim the same keys could be used to decrypt the data ....I'm out of my depth, so 6cert please correct me if I'm wrong

EDIT -

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Why didn’t the encryption self destruct? Didn’t the hack get completed?

The hack was completed and the encryption did self destruct. Mr. Robot made a backup and hid it in a CD the same way Elliot stores data of people he has to "delete" from his life. Mr. Robot would have told Elliot this a long time ago if they could have had a conversation the way they did throughout tonight's episode, the whole "there's a part of you in me" thing.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Darlene had almost no lines this episode and got chopped up worse than Santiago did :damn:

Price and Angela :mjcry: The way he talked her through all that was unbelievable acting from both of them

Leon :banderas: but holy fukk the first 30 minutes of this episode was the most tense shyt I've sat through in years

what is with this show and people getting bodied for being gay for play :mindblown:

Dom pleas just let my girl live :mjcry::mjcry: she had enough. she is too good for all of this shyt :to:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
And that is what makes Tyrell the most dangerous player on the chess board as of now :birdman:wife and kid gone he ain't got nothing to lose

shyt - Angela might be right up there with him. She found out whiterose played her, she wants "retribution", and Price kinda took her under the wing. Price specifically said that Tyrell's role had no power behind it. Angela's future isn't written yet, but I could see her going back to eCorp (I still think she'll be named as Price's replacement - it's kind of foreshadowed in the S1 E4 drug dream) and teaming up with Tyrell to get at the DA.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Santiago:laff: splattered on that FATALITY Jam Screen:sas1: IrvGyp:fire: Go HAM:demonic: Dom ETHER'd up:picard: The Great Gatsby crib:whoo: Elliot/Mr. Robot backup recovery plan:ohlawd: 666 Ceo is Angela's father:lawd: White Rose bubble dilemma:banderas: Leon in the clutch:ooh: Dark Army commits that:deadmanny: Pressed Enter 5/9 undone:ohhh: Shove out the window fallacy:usure: Superman in reverse:lupe: Darlene after credits:smugdraper: Fiona Apple's:stylin: Crimminal:krs: Season1 Goon BACK:gucci:

Last edited: