THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Talk that shyt. Dudes champion The Wire and don't even know the show was legit cancelled at one point

Same thing with "Breaking Bad". It was almost cancelled several times and almost went to another network for the last 16 episodes, when AMC wanted to cut it's budget because of "Mad Men".

Most people just remember when the whole world was on it's dikk. Anything negative about "Mr. Robot" ratings could be said about "BB", seasons 1-4. Even more so for "The Wire".

Fred.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
23 Things You Might Not Know About 'The Wire'

14. DAVID SIMON HAD TO LITERALLY BEG TO HAVE THE SHOW KEPT ON THE AIR.
Simon, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, said that “The Wire was canceled after season three, and The Wire was nearly canceled again—I had to grovel and beg and plead—after season four.” Despite the difficult journey getting five seasons of The Wire made, Simon praises HBO for allowing him to finish his story without too much interference, stating that the network was “very liberal in terms of allowing the people involved in the production of these shows to find their own vision and try to execute.”

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
23 Things You Might Not Know About 'The Wire'

14. DAVID SIMON HAD TO LITERALLY BEG TO HAVE THE SHOW KEPT ON THE AIR.
Simon, in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, said that “The Wire was canceled after season three, and The Wire was nearly canceled again—I had to grovel and beg and plead—after season four.” Despite the difficult journey getting five seasons of The Wire made, Simon praises HBO for allowing him to finish his story without too much interference, stating that the network was “very liberal in terms of allowing the people involved in the production of these shows to find their own vision and try to execute.”
It got cancelled between seasons 3 and 4. David Simon literally had to beg for them to bring it back.

Fred.

Damn had no idea. I've been rewatching the Wire. I'm up to Season 5 now.

HBO had some amazing shows: Oz, The Sopranos, The Wire, Games of Thrones. Game of Thrones will finish soon too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also @Dragonite the next time you say "que" use this gif:

wat_zps69f0ef85.gif

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I turned away for a split second then all I hear is :bustback::wow:

I'm still not convinced he's not in a psyche ward. Albeit a very shady one. We seen Ray's house and it looks nothing like where he has Elliot hacking. It looks closer to where Elliot's "mom" lives as far as lighting, etc.

Fred.
Yeah, I still think he's in a facility.

Interesting that their "mom" wasn't in the rocking chair when Darlene showed up.

"Breaking Bad" had awful ratings up until season 5 though.

And the president of USA basically said he don't give a fukk about "Mr. Robot" live ratings:

Mr. Robot Season 3 Renewal Confirmed? USA Not Worried About Ratings

Fred.

Same thing with "Breaking Bad". It was almost cancelled several times and almost went to another network for the last 16 episodes, when AMC wanted to cut it's budget because of "Mad Men".

Cats acting like the Breaking Bad thread didn't get "big" until Season 4.

The show didn't hit the 2M view mark until the premiere of Season 4 and stayed at about 1.7-1.99 the whole season. The first half of season 5, every episode hit 2M+, the second half was getting 4-5M viewers an episode.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I love this show brehs but the amount of weird ass motherfukkers in this is :mjlol: White Rose, Dom, Elliot, Price, Demonic Emily Ratajkowski (that bytch is so damn fine and so damn crazy brehs :noah:), ...I miss Gideon being the only sane dude :to:

Loved every scene Elliot was on, this was the first episode were a legitimately felt his story was way more interesting than anything else on the show...up until that ending :damn:!! I was gonna go on a rant about how I'm not sold at all on Dom's character and then they got Dark Army (I guess it's them) ninjas with machine guns offing the FBI like they are Stormtroopers and this quirky bytch has to survive with a simple ass gun :damn: Did White Rose staged the hit beforehand, did he get emotional because he knew he was going to put a hit on Dom and the rest of the agents? And of course Santiago is not there, he probably on this Illuminati shyt with the rest of them :francis:

So what was the point of Beta's arc for the first 4 episodes? She changes her stance quick as fukk, maybe that was the point? :why: Price gonna give her the :ufdup: again and she gonna confess or some shyt :dead:

I still have no fukking clue what's the deal with Elliot's "mom". That bytch is either deaf or some weird creation in Elliot's mind. I mean, Darlene calling her "she-devil" could mean a bunch of things but the "Elliot is in a mental institution" theory is getting weaker each episode. But regardless, what kind of person is she that Elliot is having shouting matches against himself and being abducted and NOTHING happens? :why:

ps: I wanted so bad to be no pedo shyt on that site, say ain't so Ray :beli: and I bet Esmail originally had that girl being 12 years old and USA Network went like :whoa: and made him change it to 17.

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
craig robinson's mini afro is not a convincing look for a villain :patrice: lmao

the dark army waiting for her at the airport :wow:

that seppukku head ass nikka :whoo:

i'll finally come clean and state that i have a crush on darlene for some reason

she kind of ugly but cute af at the same time :mindblown:

i feel like white rose expected her to get murked after blatantly lying about having a sister

he is too on point to slip up like that unintentionally

but why would he even be so carefree with the :duck: even if he expected her to be killed the very next morning :what: just seems way out of character for him to even give her that much of a conversation and read on him

and elliot is self destructive :dame: ok you're curious but you can't find a better way of going about it than looking over at the goon and locking eyes with him every five seconds? :heh: and :skip: at him actually slamming the wlfsajkbjksfbasslL;Q;KWWLKJJHWGSDFLDjlsfkldjbhswfdfahd[adopdp irl :pachaha:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
So what was the point of Beta's arc for the first 4 episodes? She changes her stance quick as fukk, maybe that was the point? :why: Price gonna give her the :ufdup: again and she gonna confess or some shyt :dead:

I still have no fukking clue what's the deal with Elliot's "mom". That bytch is either deaf or some weird creation in Elliot's mind. I mean, Darlene calling her "she-devil" could mean a bunch of things but the "Elliot is in a mental institution" theory is getting weaker each episode. But regardless, what kind of person is she that Elliot is having shouting matches against himself and being abducted and NOTHING happens? :why:

On the Angela tip, I don't see it so much as her switching stances. You wasn't about to help until she met w/her ex and realized just how closely the feds are and that someone like him could easily crack. When ol boy was talking about Josh Groban night and tried to slide he his resume on some :troll::mjlol:.

The fact that she hasn't said anything and that everyone goes to visit Elliot (Darlene, Angela, Gideon) plays into the fan theory that he is in some kind of institution.

That was one hell of an ending :whew:

Dom got that wake up she needed. Only it came in the form of bullet spray instead of a cup of coffee :skip:. Maybe now she will think twice about wandering into unknown rooms or bringing up the Dark Army :sas2:. White Rose is a fascinating character. Collecting clocks, quoting Macbeth, showing off his lady clothes on the sneak tip :smugfavre:.

Elliot got the beatdown tonight, but Ray messed with the wrong hacker. We knew from the 1st episode last season, that Elliot couldn't let the type of fukkery found on Ray's site slide :scust:. I just hope Elliot dealing with Ray won't lead to him opening up any more car trunks again :mjcry:.

Confess you're having trouble keeping quiet to people who are paying you explicitly to keep quiet brehs :martin:

I'm still curious to see exactly what happened to Euro Bateman :jbhmm: