THE OFFICIAL MR. ROBOT - SEASON 2 THREAD WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think Angela's subplot is really important. I think she has multiple personalities as well.

I can't decide if it would be brilliant, or really stupid, if the "Washington Township Project" involved mind control via implanting multiple personalities.

And why did the lights flicker for the taxi? It's not connected to any source of energy to flicker like street lights. :mindblown:

OOO...Maybe White Rose's project actually involves some kind of massive EMP attack on the power grid.

ATearInMyEye

#KnicksTape
Daps
Reppin
Def Valley
here Eat my nikka I don't judge
giphy.gif

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I will say non biased, this was the weakest episode of the season
The ending was the only good part, and whiterose to a degree, but too much Angela is not a good thing.

this was meant to be a 2 hour episode so ill give it a pass

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do alot of the characters have 6-letter names?

Mr. Robot is Edward Alderson

Edward - 6 letters
Elliot - 6 letters
Angela - 6 letters
Tyrell - 6 letters
Joanna - 6 letters
Gideon - 6 letters
Ollie - 6 letters

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
‘Mr. Robot’ Recap 2×11: Light of My Life, Fire of E-Coins

Granted, I’m not sure how this matches up on a live viewing, but on the press screener I watched this episode on here’s what I saw: The scene began at exactly the 27 minute mark and faded to black exactly at 35:00. In between, Whiterose’s signature time-keeper beeped, regardless of what was being said, every 60 seconds, eight times in all. With every beep I wondered if we were headed towards a conclusion, or away from safety, or just counting the minutes just to count because time is the only thing left in this show we can certifiably keep track of. Eight beeps, eight minutes. But Whiterose, in a fit of generosity, allotted a full 28 minutes for this conversation. That’s 20 minutes, 20 beeps of the timer, 20 more reasons to believe what we’re seeing between Angela and Whiterose is anything more than some Lynch-ian fever dream. That’s the point, right? “I don’t want your proof,” Whiterose said, through a puff of cigarette smoke. “I want your belief.” But we don’t get those 20 minutes.

:ohhh:

Fred.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whiterose is the minister of defense (well 'state security') for China. So whatever is in the Washington Township Plant is pertinent to China's national defense. Whatever is going on in there is so important that the Chinese government is willing to spend $2 trillion dollars just so the USA government doesn't takeover E-Corp and find out what's in there.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
:damn: all this shyt going over my head and you dudes are noticing shyt and forming theories in the matter of a day.

The only thing I caught on to was when it was brought up real money isn't where its at anymore but bitcoins and my first thought was how we gonna tip these strippers then
:lupe:

Watching mr robot make me feel like I'm getting smarter and important :noah: but im still dumb as hell :youngsabo:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the season finale will give us any satisfactory answers. It will probably end in a cliffhanger and we will have to wait another year. This show does ALOT of dikk teasing. I won't give up on it though. This is literally the Xenogears of TV (Fei Fong Wong also had multiple personalities).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the season finale will give us any satisfactory answers. It will probably end in a cliffhanger and we will have to wait another year. This show does ALOT of dikk teasing. I won't give up on it though. This is literally the Xenogears of TV (Fei Fong Wong also had multiple personalities).

According to one of the writers, we'll get a gang of answers in the finale.

'Mr. Robot': Cracking the Code on Angela's Adventure Game and Elliot's New Skills

There's only one episode left before Mr. Robot wraps its twisting-and-turning second season, and there are still so many unanswered questions in the air. What's Stage Two? Where has Tyrell been? Who killed Romero? Are Mobley and Trenton dead as well? What about Darlene and Cisco? With only the finale remaining, how much closure will we receive by the season's end?

Kor Adana, writer: You will receive a fair amount of closure. I promise.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"Mr. Robot" writer explaining what the fukk was going on in that weird ass scene:

'Mr. Robot': Cracking the Code on Angela's Adventure Game and Elliot's New Skills

The scene is very specific, from the memorably intrusive questions ("Have you ever cried during sex?" certainly sets a tone) to the room's deliberate design: the leaking fish tank, the Commodore 64, what have you. How much should we be reading into every individual element of this scene, versus wallowing in the scene's sense of unease? Ultimately, is this a scene that should be analyzed in granular detail, or is it more about feeling the sensations of discomfort and dread?

Kor Adana, writer: I have a feeling that regardless of how I answer this question, every detail will be analyzed. There are a couple of things going on here. The questionnaire in the game is designed to gauge how malleable Angela is. I actually love how the game's questions and the content of the phone call are reminiscent of those old C64 adventure games. The little girl showing Angela her bruises could be perceived as a test of Angela's empathy. While the rest of the house has a contemporary décor, that room feels like it’s from a different time. This scene always makes me think of 2001: A Space Odyssey, where Dave Bowman finds himself in that neoclassical style bedroom where time is completely warped. The room is full of references to time or of how time is fleeting. This includes the old rotary phone, the Commodore 64, the leaking fish tank, and the “hang in there” poster. There is also this notion of games here. The little girl loads a game from a disk, which has some other fun games stored on it. The reference to Lolita is not only connected to the location of the key, but many of the characters in Lolita consistently engage in games and puzzles.

Angela fields questions through a game called Land of Ecodelia. It doesn't seem to be an actual game. Is there an elaborate back story and set of rules for Land of Ecodelia in the Mr. Robot writers room?

Kor Adana, writer: I’m not at liberty to speak about this. Let’s just forget you asked me.

Interesting! Okay, forgotten. The girl asking the questions looks like a young Angela. Coincidental, or deliberate?

Kor Adana, writer: I think it’s safe to say that most things we do on this show are deliberate. The notion of “doubles” is prevalent in both Mr. Robot and Lolita. In our show, we have Elliot and Mr. Robot, who are two sides of the same coin. I think it was part of Whiterose’s plan to have Angela confront a young girl who looked very much like her. Even in Lolita, you have the characters of Humbert and Quilty who function as doubles in throughout the story.

White Rose is weird as fukk, brehs.

Fred.